PDA

View Full Version : Disassembly of Marlin 1894

insanelupus
06-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I may have to disassemble a Marlin 1894. The loading gate has lost it's "spring" and needs replacing. I've done some minor work on a Ruger Vaquero, torn down Ruger 10/22s and put them all back together and disassembled and reassembled a Colt Police Positive Special in the past, along with AR-15 field stripping, Krags, Remington 700s, etc.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 requiring a degree and manual from NASA and 1 being a fog the mirror rating, how tough is a Marlin 1894 to disassmble? I know to replace the loading gate the guts of the frame need to be removed. Just trying to decide if this is a job for the gunsmith or if it's something I can tackle on my own.

Recomendations?

docone31
06-16-2009, 11:18 PM
You can do it.
Have at least a schematic, and lay the parts out as they come. Sharp tools! Sharp tools leave no marks!
Take it slow, keep it in order, and when in doubt, ask.

marlinman93
06-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Extremely simple action, and almost impossible to reassemble wrong. Parts just don't go together in a Marlin unless they're in the right direction. Be carefull not to lose the ejector! It simply sits in a recess in the left side of the receiver, and will fall out when the breechbolt is removed.
Here's some instructions to help you!
http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Marlin94.html