PDA

View Full Version : HP mold with no HP thingee

218bee
06-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I bought a box of "junk" at an auction and found inside a IDEAL 358 156 mold much to my suprise. Looking at a printout of some of Lymans molds I see this one listed as a 155gr SWC GC. Well, mine looks like picture except has the "hole" from bullet tip to end of mold where I assume one would insert the thingee to make a hollow point bullet? There is a "pin" on mold bottom and a screw that I assume holds the thingee in place. I do not own any hollow point molds so am not sure. Don't know if this was factory or home made looks original to me. Would I be able to get the thingee somewhere?? I wonder if I had a Lyman modern hollow point mold if the thingee would fit?? Any ideas??

Ben
06-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Best thing is to send a PM to Buckshot and tell him what you have, he will probably need you to send the mold to him so that he can properly fit the pin to the mold.

arcticbreeze
06-16-2009, 05:02 PM
I had a similar issue. I sent the mold to Erik and he mad me a new handle and set of pins. Here is his website:

http://www.hollowpointmold.com/

Ben
06-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Yes , Erik is excellent also. Send him an Email and describe your problem. He can get you going quickly also.