PDA

View Full Version : Moving back to south Missouri

Ed Barrett
06-16-2009, 09:29 AM
After 20 years my wife and I will be moving back to the Ozarks. We found a place at Long Lane Missouri. It's about 20 miles west of Lebanon. Do any of you reside in that area? I need to find a place to shoot and talk about casting and reloading. Also the reloading supply places. It will be about a month before we are completly moved down there and I have two houses here in St Joe to sell.

lathesmith
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Ed,
Long Lane? Really? I know right about where that is at, just drive through Plad, go on down to Windyville, and you're just about there, right? Oh yea, near Lone Rock...
My Mom's family grew up in that area, some still live pretty close by. I usually go deer hunting in that area, there are no shortage of deer around there for sure.
To be honest, though, I can't really point you to any nearby reloading supply places, though there are some in and around the Springfield area. I've found that lead can be a little hard to come by, but if a guy is persistent he can usually scrounge some up.
Hopefully, you have a big enough place there to do some shooting, guess it depends on how big of a chunk of land you have there.
Anyway, I think it's a great area. Are you originally from that area, and just moving back?
lathesmith

76 WARLOCK
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I am currently in St Joseph visiting, are there any places to shoot nearby?

Ed Barrett
06-16-2009, 09:48 PM
In St Joe the Pigeon hill range is great 25, 50, 100 yard rifle and pistol, a shotgun range and an archery range. It's run by the conservation dept. and open sunrise til sunset. during the day on weekdays it's usually only two or three people at the rifle and pistol range, on weekends it's a a little more crowded, but there are 6 benches on the 100 yd range and 2 benches at the 25 and 50 yd ranges and space for about 10 more shooters with a high table at each. Also the best place around for reloading gear is out that way at the intersection of A and O highway you will see a rock at the house on the southeast corner with Potter on it. pull in the drive way and you will see the place. powder for $12 to $18 a pound and most other components that you want.

76 WARLOCK
06-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks Ed I will have to find Pigeon hill.