PDA

View Full Version : Leadhead Meatgetting the other way...

dk17hmr
06-15-2009, 09:23 AM
One of my good friends and I, about the only one I still keep in touch with from High School, spent yesterday afternoon in our Kayaks for about 6 hours. We were fishing on 7 lakes all connected by a river, which is one of my favorite fishing and camping areas. Mostly after bass but we seem to catch alot of pike also in these lakes.

The results of 6 hours of fishing and beer drinking
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/dk17hmr/bass.jpg
Top one was a bit bigger than 15"
Second one was close to 16 1/2"
Bottom one came in at close to 18"

I wasnt having any luck throwing lures, so I rigged up my spare pole with a good old bobber, hook, crawler, and one of my cast split shots. The pole is an ultra light with 4 pound test, I caught the one on the top. I took my time getting him in because of the light weight pole, I didnt want to break my line.

My buddy Kris ended up with 10 or so landed and 2 keepers, he used this "Wacky rig" set up, its a bass hook and you hook a plastic worm in the center so when you real it in it folds in half.

I had 5 or 6 on but couldnt ever get them all the way to the Kayak...if I didnt have bad luck yesterday I wouldnt of had any luck. I had alot of good hits on my cast jig heads but nothing landed.

357maximum
06-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Nice buckets Doug.

Does that chain O' Lakes have a tub, an evan, a boom and such? If so I have releatives that own one of the old campgrounds there.

dk17hmr
06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
This Chain O'lakes is up near South Branch. I dont think there is a campground on the lakes anywhere. There are about 3 houses/cabins on all the lakes combined.

357maximum
06-15-2009, 07:02 PM
This Chain O'lakes is up near South Branch. I dont think there is a campground on the lakes anywhere. There are about 3 houses/cabins on all the lakes combined.

OK, just curious them look like martini chain bass[smilie=1: