PDA

View Full Version : Marble's Game Getter......OT?

3006guns
06-13-2009, 02:36 PM
No, I don't have one....but I do remember an uncle who did many years ago. I know the little Game Getter fell victim to the 1934 NFA, but there was word going around that ATF had decided to move it to the C&R category. Anyone know if that's true? I can't seem to find any info on their website.

Just curious why such an itty-bitty almost toy like firearm would still be classified in the same section as a machine gun. Even though classed as a "short barreled shotgun", where would you get .44 shotshells? Your average thug is not into reloading I'm sure. Somehow I doubt that the present day dope ridden whacko would want one when he can get a "real" firearm somewhere else!

HeavyMetal
06-13-2009, 11:52 PM
The game getter fell victim of "legal Description" As long as you did not have the detachable stock you were legal! With it you owned / possessed a "sawed off" rifle! Caliber was of no concern just the stock!

I to had heard both the game getter and the burgler gun had been moved to C&R catagory but I have no idea where you'd find it.

I have called the ATF, many many years ago, and had a similar question answered with no BS on there part.