PDA

View Full Version : SA 9mm XD Tactical

singleshotbuff
03-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Just had to tell someone, as my wife just doesn't understand.

I bought a Springfield Armory XD Tactical 9mm today. Sweet gun! 5" barrel, 3 dot sights, 2 16rd mags, light rail, holster, mag pouch, mag loader and hard case.

The trigger is great for this type of gun. Much better to me than a Glock. You don't even feel the grip safety as it disengages.

Had to try it out, of course, so I stopped by the local range and ran a box of Blazer 124gr ammo through it. Offhand at 50ft, fairly rapid fire, 4" 10 shot groups. I'm happy! I bet it'll be great with refined loads (cast of course).

Another reason I chose the XD over the Glock is that I have heard no negative feedback about using lead boolits in one. It has traditional rifling.

I plan to use it for IDPA at the local range.

SSB

C A Plater
03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
My 5" takes everything in stride from steel case Russian to lead reloads. I don't reload the 9 myself but the commercial stuff I find all works well if it goes bang. I just got a new 4" XD-45 and it seems to be as tollerant as the 9 although I do reload .45. The 2 guns feel very similar with the grip on the .45 being a touch longer and deeper than the 9/40. The .45 feels just a smidge fuller in my hand and the trigger pull is a bit heavier too. The only thing I plan to do to these guns is add adjustable sights to the 9 and night ones to the .45.

You're going to like yours.

Shepherd2
03-12-2006, 11:52 PM
I bought a XD9 Tactical soon after they came out a couple years ago. I've shot mine in quite a few IDPA matches using the Lyman 356637. I use the heavier boolit so I don't have any problem making the power factor. Mine weigh about 153 grs using WWs. Everything I've shot in it cast, jacketed or plated has been trouble free.

I really like the feel of the grip and I like the trigger too. My only complaint was the 3 dot sights. All those dots were slowing me down. I blacked out the 2 rear dots with a Sharpie. Now when I see a white dot I know it's the front sight.

Gunload Master
03-13-2006, 12:02 AM
I got an XD 45ACP coming in. I should have it in my hands within the next day or two. I really look forward to shooting it off. I'm glad you like your 9mm, just makes me that much more anxious to get it.

45nut
03-13-2006, 02:15 AM
I ordered one too Willy :-)

Gunload Master
03-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Honestly Ken, I'm surprised you don't already have a Springfield in all their calibers.. LOL!
I'm hoping later on today it will be in my hands :)

singleshotbuff
03-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Here's the new arrival, along with it's older brother. I've never attached a pic before, so bear with me if it doesn't show up.

SSB