PDA

View Full Version : Price check on Weaver T20

dk17hmr
06-11-2009, 02:29 PM
I have a Weaver T20 (20x) micro track, steel tube scope with an adjustable objective. I was told it is a silhouette scope. The retical is a cross hair with a dot in the center, than a little ways down there are 2 more dots, like a mildot. The bottom dot seems to be about a 500 yard zero with a 100 yard zero on the main dot. Its in pretty good shape it has a few spots in the blueing, but the optics are nice and clear. Anyone know what this is worth?

Im not big on fixed power scopes...Im no benchrest shooter, I would like to get something with about 20x for a max power like a Burris 6.5-20x

felix
06-11-2009, 02:47 PM
If you want 20x power, get the scope. No need to alter scope power when you have more than one gun because each gun would have sights commensurate with the purpose of the gun. I have no variable power scopes unless given to me, and those are never changed anyway. I won't buy a scope over 4 power that does not have a fine tuning objective lens. ... felix

JDL
06-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Not hijacking your thread dk17hmr but, does the focus change as the objective is is changed? Say resetting from 100 to 200 yards. Thanks
JDL

felix
06-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Joe, at 20 power it will be entirely noticeable. Would you believe nearly an inch at a hunnert? How much the focus at the target changes depends on the "quality" of the scope, meaning how well the technician followed the engineering plan (or is able to) for the scope when it was put together. Only the best sample will have the focus perfect for the yardage when superimposed upon the zero parallax setting. ... felix

GLL
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Doug:

Is your scope the old "El Paso" version ? Since you indicate steel tube I assume it is.

Jerry

jsizemore
06-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Are you looking for a trade/ trade + cash? Send me a pm.