PDA

View Full Version : Ballisti-Cast luber sizer...like it?

finishman2000
06-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm thinking of selling off my stars and getting one of the Ballisti-Cast sizer. Seems more beefy...
anyone have one and like it sold it off because...
thanks

ANeat
06-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Better check first, The last time I checked (a few years ago) there was quite a wait. Like they werent doing a lot of them.

I would be cuious to hear if they still make them.

finishman2000
06-09-2009, 08:28 PM
i spoke to them today and they still make them but i can't find any user reviews or vids.

ANeat
06-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Here is a review....

http://www.gunblast.com/Ballisticast.htm

runfiverun
06-09-2009, 10:23 PM
it looks like a cross between a dillon and a star.
if i ever wear out one of my stars i might just look at one of those.

hammerhead357
06-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Wear out a Star type lube-sizer I don't see how even though I have had to have a few parts replace on some of the ones I used when I cast commercially. I still never wore one out.

I have never seen a Ballisticast model even though it looks interesting with the rotory feeder. I guess I will have to stick with my 2 old Stars and one old Saeco. Plus the Lee push thrus that I have...Wes

Naphtali
06-10-2009, 12:11 PM
My shooting partner presently owns one Star, one RCBS, and two Saeco lube-sizers. He has ordered a Ballisti-Cast sizer to replace all other sizers. Delivery time is about 12 weeks from date of order. He is a former commercial caster, presently casting tens of thousands of bullets per year. For him, the only part of the bullet making-reloading process that is not fun is lubricating-sizing cast bullets. The reason he has ordered the Ballisti-Cast sizer has everything to do with production -- SPEED. According to him, Ballisti-Cast's sizer is basically a Star design, altered to significantly enhance speed of process.

Hope this helps.

hammerhead357
06-11-2009, 03:06 AM
When I used to cast comercially I would sometimes use a Star set up with a M A systems boolit collator and a boolit feeder I don't know how much faster one could get. This would wear a person out in short order the only problem was having to replentish the lube supply. At the time I wished for a Star that had a 2x10 tube for lube.
I also ran a Magma size master and yes it was a lot faster because it was motor driven and had a large lube tube.
Sometimes we would run the sizemaster with the boolit collator and just hand feed the Stars. I used to be able to do about 2000 per hour on the Star this way but I was 20 years younger then to....LOL....Wes

finishman2000
06-11-2009, 04:45 AM
thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered it up with all the bells and whisles. Sold one star yesterday here and will be listing the other soon as well as either the rcbs or lyman to help pay for it.