PDA

View Full Version : Lube Question

HEAD0001
06-09-2009, 12:08 AM
I have some LAR45 red lube in the garage. When I went to put some in my Lyman sizer this evening the lube would not slide out of the tube. It was stuck to the sides. There was still a hole down the middle. However it was stuck on the sides. I had an idea what to do. But then I decided that certainly you guys would have a smarter idea than I had. What would you guys do??

Also I tried to force some out of two tubes, and made a bit of a mess. Can I melt that lube down in hot water, then pour it into the sizer?? Would that hurt or ruin the lube?? Thanks, Tom.

fredj338
06-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Two things, just cut the tube or like me, order in the plastice bags & save a bit more money. You can certainly melt it & pour it in but I don't see the problem.

Slow Elk 45/70
06-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Yup, if it is stuck to the tube , slice the tube length ways , 2 sides and peel it from the lube , razor knife works wonders[smilie=1:

Echo
06-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Sometime just rolling the tube (with some pressure!) between hand and table top will loosen the lube from the enclosing tube.

legend
06-09-2009, 03:43 AM
10 minutes in freezer works for my lube.

Tom W.
06-09-2009, 05:16 AM
+1 on ordering it in the ziplock bags. In my innocence I bought some Lyman lubes a time or two ago in those plastic tubes. Now I know why the last RCBS lubes I bought were in a cardboard box and wrapped in tissue paper.

leftiye
06-09-2009, 12:31 PM
C-Red will melt fine without damage (how I get all of mine into the lubrisizer), just don't heat it too fast (too hot a flame) or get it too hot - I guess, I've never tried to see what it will withstand. You could possibly use a heat gun or hair dryer to get it to release from the tubes.