PDA

View Full Version : Lee Classic cast turret press?

Jeff.L
06-08-2009, 09:20 PM
I've kind of wanted on of the Lee Classic cast turrer Presses, Watched the
operations video on the lee sight. Seems to be a well made machine.. Does any one have any experance with them or any good or bad commets??
Thanks Jeff

DLCTEX
06-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I've had mine for a couple years and love it. I also like the Safetyprime attachment and use it for almost all of my priming duties. One of the members gave a tip to use a flex shaft LED light ( the kind that will clip to your shirt pocket) rubberbanded to the front post to light the case so you can inspect the powder in the case as it's dropped. I copied this and really like it. You need the riser for the powder measure to clear the Safety prime. All the spent primers go into a bucket on the floor, beats the heck out of the little tray on my RCBS.

jack19512
06-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Does any one have any experance with them or any good or bad commets??

I've had mine for a while now and really like it.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
06-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Have one, really like it. One of the best bangs for your buck in a reloading press. For 99% of shooters, the Classic Turret and the Lee Classic single stage is all the reloading presses you'll ever need.

Regards,

Dave

Slow Elk 45/70
06-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Yup, hard to beat it for the $$$ , I have had good luck with mine.[smilie=1:

JesterGrin_1
06-09-2009, 03:16 AM
If you do a search on the Lee Classic Cast Turret Press you will find more info than you can read in a week lol. GREAT PRESS

And this is how GREAT a PRESS it is. I used to use a RCBS Single Stage and a Lyman T-MAG II. I sold the T-Mag and put away the single stage as all I need now is the Lee Classic Cast Turret Press. :)

Again Thank You DaveInFloweryBranchGA for all the help you gave when I purchased the Lee Classic Cast Turret Press. Still trying to wear it out lol. :)

wallenba
06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
If you order one make sure it is the "Classic" and not the one just named turret press. I ended up with the wrong one because I missed that detail, and it needed work to function properly, and did not have the primer discharge thru the ram. You really want that as the other spits the primers on the floor. I worked out the bugs and it is a wonderful press now, but not as it came.

wallenba
06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
P.S. get the Challenger breach press too if you can afford it. It is fantastic for batch loading as the dies can be swapped out in less than ten seconds! Get plenty of extra breach plugs.

Jayhawker
06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I load about 11 calibers on mine currently, and I don't think that I will ever get rid of it.

Gadzooks Mike
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I've had one for about a year or so and use it weekly. Unlike Dale Clawson, however, my primers do NOT go straight into a bucket on the floor, as I don't have a bucket that large. Some go here, some go there.... you'll need a bucket the size of a child's wading pool to catch the little suckers. I just sweep the floor (concrete) when I'm done. Otherwise, it's a very nice press and I would recommend one to a friend.

Gadzooks Mike
06-12-2009, 07:52 PM
If you order one make sure it is the "Classic" and not the one just named turret press. I ended up with the wrong one because I missed that detail, and it needed work to function properly, and did not have the primer discharge thru the ram. You really want that as the other spits the primers on the floor. I worked out the bugs and it is a wonderful press now, but not as it came.

Hmmm.... maybe THAT'S my problem!

Ah, how did you solve that "primers everywhere" problem?

Heavy lead
06-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I've had mine for a couple years and love it. I also like the Safetyprime attachment and use it for almost all of my priming duties. One of the members gave a tip to use a flex shaft LED light ( the kind that will clip to your shirt pocket) rubberbanded to the front post to light the case so you can inspect the powder in the case as it's dropped. I copied this and really like it. You need the riser for the powder measure to clear the Safety prime. All the spent primers go into a bucket on the floor, beats the heck out of the little tray on my RCBS.

A big plus one on this Dale. I use a clamp on light clamped on my MEC600 mounted to the right, before the boolit goes in my eye verifies both that powder is there and the volume.

ddeaton
06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I have one also, I dont use it too much for loading from start to finish though. I have plates setup with different calibers and such for certain tasks. I load my quantities on a Dillon. The Lee turret is great for all the other tasks. The turret plates are cheap enough to have a few of them on hand. That is when you can find them

jack19512
06-12-2009, 09:21 PM
I've had one for about a year or so and use it weekly. Unlike Dale Clawson, however, my primers do NOT go straight into a bucket on the floor, as I don't have a bucket that large. Some go here, some go there.... you'll need a bucket the size of a child's wading pool to catch the little suckers. I just sweep the floor (concrete) when I'm done. Otherwise, it's a very nice press and I would recommend one to a friend.

The Lee Classic cast turret press has a tube that connects to the press and catches the primers.

JesterGrin_1
06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Correct Jack the Lee Classic Cast Turret Press the primers go through the middle of the ram and the tube is connected at the bottom of the ram. It comes with a cap or you can run the hose into a can if you wish. Or what I have done is take an old 1 pound plastic powder can that is empty and cut a hole in the top of it just so the hose will fit through and put a Zip Tie on the hose as it goes through the bottom side of the lid and screw the can on. :)No Fuss No mess. :)

Gadzooks Mike
06-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking that I, too, missed that "Classic" word. Classic or not, I do like the press. Anyone know of a mod to fix the non-classic primer-all-over-the-floor feature?

Dale53
06-13-2009, 12:13 AM
The "primers all over the floor" was a prime motive for me to upgrade (along with the longer throw for large rifle cases) to the Classic Turret press.

I have two Dillon 550B's that handle all of my bulk loading (and I do a lot). However, the Lee allows me to handle small runs in various calibers with their almost INSTANT caliber change. If the run is 200 rounds or less, the Lee gets the chore. If it is over 200, the the Dillon handles it. Everyone needs a small run press and the Lee is the absolute best for this - couple this with it's almost fantastic value, it's a "no brainer".

Dale53

Three44s
06-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Me and my Classic Turret Press are like two peas in a pod!!!!

Three years and no complaints!

Three 44s

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
06-13-2009, 06:43 AM
I have two Dillon 550B's that handle all of my bulk loading (and I do a lot). However, the Lee allows me to handle small runs in various calibers with their almost INSTANT caliber change. If the run is 200 rounds or less, the Lee gets the chore. If it is over 200, the the Dillon handles it. Everyone needs a small run press and the Lee is the absolute best for this - couple this with it's almost fantastic value, it's a "no brainer".

Dale53

This is exactly how I use my Lee Classic Turret and my Hornady LnL. Fantastic way to go. In my case, it's where I load milsurp calibers I don't shoot a lot and 200 rounds is plenty. I can have the Lee setup, load 200 rounds and be done by the time Fox news goes through the evening news.

Dave

skeet1
06-13-2009, 09:35 AM
I've had many different types of presses including a Dillon 550B. The Dillon is a good press but was not what I was looking for and I sold it. As someone has already said the Lee Classic Turret is all the press 99% of what most hand loaders need. I would rate it as almost perfect for my needs. What a great job of engineering Lee has done.

Skeet1

Chunky Monkey
06-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Wouldn't trade mine for nuttin! :-D

Spector
06-13-2009, 10:09 AM
I agree. A great balance of cost, design and rugidness. I just wish Lee had brought their Classic line of cast iron presses to the market place years ago. I'd be curious to know if the design features of the Classics just came to be or if Lee was sitting on the idea for some time........Mike

UnderDawgAl
06-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking that I, too, missed that "Classic" word. Classic or not, I do like the press. Anyone know of a mod to fix the non-classic primer-all-over-the-floor feature?

Gadzooks Mike, you apparently have the same press I do, the LEE Turret Press with the aluminum base. Theoretically, the primer will go through the slot on the ram and fall into one of the two holes on the base of the press. If all works correctly, you will eventually fill up the base of your press with spent primers.

Now, to the problem at hand. Unfortunately, the primers often fly out of the slot in the ram and shoot across the room or leap out onto the floor. I solved the problem, and the solution has worked very well for me. At our house, we happen to drink a brand of orange juice called "Simply Orange." It's in a clear plastic container that is basically square in shape, except that the corners are rounded off. Those rounded corners have the same radius as the support columns of the press. I cut out two sides of the container and taped them to the right side and back side of the press.

That simple act has eliminated the problem of the flying primers. Probably one primer out of every 200 or so flies out. All the rest bounce off the plastic walls and drop into the slots in the base of the press. Problem solved!

Originally, I tried taping index cards, but the loss in light that comes in from two sides made that an unworkable solution.

Here's the problem I deal with now: the press always functions so well, and I'm so cheap, that I can't justify buying the Classic Cast press that I've been wanting to buy for the past two years. Besides, my parents bought me this press for Christmas 20 years ago when I was a high school senior. I didn't begin using it, though, until 2007, when I finally started reloading. I've since upgraded it to the four-hole turret and added the Safety Prime system and Pro Auto Disk measure.

Hope this helps!

badgeredd
06-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I've had 2 or more single stage presses for years and decided I could afford the Lee CLASSIC Turret after reading all the posts on this forum by satisfied owners. At the time I had thought about getting a Dillon, but I had trouble justifying the initial cast of the Dillon for my shooting/reloading needs. As mentioned above, it handles all my needs and it will handles at least 90% of the reloaders I know needs. I can only say to myself, "What took so long dummy?". I have been totally happy with mine and as funds allow, I plan on adding more turrets and the auto prime.

Edd:drinks:

Storydude
06-13-2009, 11:05 AM
I've been using my cast turret as of late to form 22 jackets and to extrude small amounts of pure lead wire. I know it's being kinda rough on it, but until I can find a cheap single stage, one makes due with what one has.

I WILL say, that at extreme throw, it does have some spring to it when you get a slug of lead that's not exactly dead soft..;)

Dale53
06-13-2009, 11:11 AM
UnderdawgAl;
A picture of your plastic bottle "fix" would be quite helpful to fellers and gals that have the original Lee Turret press. I upgraded to the Classic for it's "primer control" and longer stroke for rifle cartridges, so it is no longer a problem for me - however, others could sure profit from the fix.

FWIW
Dale53

UnderDawgAl
06-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Dale53,

I would be glad to oblige. I'll do it later this weekend and post the pics here.

UnderDawgAl

UnderDawgAl
06-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Here's my solution to the flying primers of the old-style aluminum-base Lee Turret Press.

First, find a cheap source of clear, rigid plastic.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/mrjallen/OJBottle.jpg

Second, cut out a piece roughly the size of the openings of the right side and the rear of the press. Notice that I included the rounded part of the bottle. This will attach to one of the columns of the press.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/mrjallen/SideDoor.jpg

Third, attach the rounded edge to the column, using Scotch® tape. Since I cut mine a little oversized, I tucked the opposite edges in under the turret frame, providing more rigidity. Here's a shot with the right door and rear door open. Notice that I taped the bottom of the rear door shut, since that's where most primers hit. Taping it shut at the bottom adds rigidity and prevents a few more primers from going in the wrong places.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/mrjallen/SideandRearDoorsOPEN.jpg

Here's a shot with both doors closed. Notice I have no need for tape on the bottom of the right-side door.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/mrjallen/DoorsClosed.jpg

Here's an inside view.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/mrjallen/InsideView.jpg

Do these pictures help at all?

Listen, I am the least handy of all men. If I can come up with a solution that works at least 99.5% of the time, I know that you can, too.

Stay cheap! Find a solution! Save those pennies!

Seriously, this press works so smoothly and so well that I just cannot, for the life of me, justify buying the Classic Turret Press, as much as I have been tempted. However, if I ever start reloading rifle rounds, that might push me over the edge.

Rick459
06-13-2009, 02:16 PM
here is the best deal for a classic cast turret. make sure you get the up-grade kit well worth it. HTH
Rick

https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=630&category_id=190&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41

Gadzooks Mike
06-13-2009, 05:15 PM
UnderDawgAl - OUTSTANDING! Thank you!

Dale53
06-13-2009, 07:24 PM
UnderDawgAl;
I have sent this thread to my nephew (the recipient of my older Lee Turret press). I am sure he will find this MOST useful.

Thank you!

Dale53

UnderDawgAl
06-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Glad I could be of assistance. I've received so much good advice on this site for the past year or so that I'm glad to finally help some others out here!

tackstrp
06-13-2009, 10:06 PM
agree with skeet 1 . had a dillon 550 b sent it back and purchased the lee classic cast press. nice machine.

Chunky Monkey
06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Another wahoo for the Lee Classic Cast Turret. Best (IMHO) bar none!

1hole
06-15-2009, 09:27 AM
" I'd be curious to know if the design features of the Classics just came to be or if Lee was sitting on the idea for some time........Mike "

I have no personal knowledge but i suspect we are seeing the effect of Lee magement being transfered to the son's control. That's usually bad for a business but in this instance it appears to be good!

I expect Lee to remain a force in reloading for a long time, at least as long as our benevelolent "liberal" masters allow, and they will remain a thorn in the wallets of the other makers..

jimkim
06-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I turned my ram around so the primers go out the back. They drop into a homemade tray.

wallenba
06-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Gadzooks Mike, I solved mine this way see pic.

wallenba
06-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Gadzooks Mike, the picture above is kinda small, what it is, is a piece of sheet aluminum arced from the left rear, around the ram and to the front right posts. It is held on with two pieces of clear tubing split lengthwise. The turret plate held the dies a little off center to the dies also, so I removed the bolts, replaced them with automotive style studs, drilled the holes oversize so I could have room for adjustment...perfect now. The primer shield works 100% of the time. P.S., plug the cavity where the primers end up or you will have to remove the press to clean out eventually.

wallenba
06-17-2009, 07:21 AM
OOps, just click the pic for a bigger size photo!

fabricator21
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
One thing I learned was if you want to use the lee auto powder dispenser and are not using lee dies you will have to purchase the lee expader die.

Jon
06-24-2009, 11:05 AM
I like mine. The only complaint I have is the primer feed mechanism is a little finicky. Other than that, it's great for 45 reloading. I like the ability to manually index, and it certainly beats a single stage press.

DanWalker
06-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I love mine. I load everything from .380 acp to 45/70 on it without a hitch.
BEST reloading purchase I've made so far.

BD
06-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Now you guys have done it! You talked this press up so much I had to buy one to try out. Although it doesn't seem that rugged out of the box with the aluminum shell plates and plastic indexing parts, it does seem to do a good job. Quicker and easier to use than my Lyman, and the auto indexing is a nice feature. I do wish they'd have made the diameter of the shell plates a little larger as you cannot use two Hornady New Dimension dies side by side without replacing the lock rings with round ones. The tight spacing also makes adjusting the Lee FCD die a chore.

All in all, a good press and a better value.

BD

kir_kenix
06-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I like the lee 4 holer. It's a good machine, and works well for short runs. I've loaded many thousands of rounds on mine. The plastic indexer is starting to get a bit warn and I have to watch to make sure it fully turns to the next stage (maybe 1 in 100), but other then that she is still running strong.

The majority of my loading on this maching has been small rifle rounds in quantities of less then 100. I think i have permenant toolheads in 9mm, .45acp, .38 spc, .44 mag, 22 hornet, .223, .222, .221, .25-222 and a few extra that i can always throw dies into.

The lee powder measure is far from perfect (ever tried using h110? leaks a bit), but is still a good buy for the money. Takes maybe 20 seconds to switch to a new caliber as I leave the measures intact. I've thought about setting it up for some .22 swaging, but I'm afraid that it will damage the press.

Evenentually i would like to have 2 full progressives set up and running, but I'll keep the lee for odd jobs and short runs. Good machine for the money, deff would buy again.

TAWILDCATT
06-27-2009, 04:29 PM
if you have the lee turret not the clasic,make a little piece of aluminum sheet and clip it to the right side of base and it will drop the primers in to base.how you get them out is your problem.:coffee:[smilie=1::Fire:

Dark Helmet
06-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I like the lee 4 holer. It's a good machine, and works well for short runs. I've loaded many thousands of rounds on mine. The plastic indexer is starting to get a bit warn and I have to watch to make sure it fully turns to the next stage (maybe 1 in 100), but other then that she is still running strong.

The majority of my loading on this maching has been small rifle rounds in quantities of less then 100. I think i have permenant toolheads in 9mm, .45acp, .38 spc, .44 mag, 22 hornet, .223, .222, .221, .25-222 and a few extra that i can always throw dies into.

The lee powder measure is far from perfect (ever tried using h110? leaks a bit), but is still a good buy for the money. Takes maybe 20 seconds to switch to a new caliber as I leave the measures intact. I've thought about setting it up for some .22 swaging, but I'm afraid that it will damage the press.

Evenentually i would like to have 2 full progressives set up and running, but I'll keep the lee for odd jobs and short runs. Good machine for the money, deff would buy again.

You can reduce or stop the powder leakage on the LEE disk measures with a little filing and polishing of the measure body- polish where the disks ride and file/polish the boss where the reservoir seats/ attaches to tighten it up a little bit.

Chunky Monkey
06-27-2009, 10:49 PM
You can reduce or stop the powder leakage on the LEE disk measures with a little filing and polishing of the measure body- polish where the disks ride and file/polish the boss where the reservoir seats/ attaches to tighten it up a little bit.

Sounds great can you explain it a little better or throw some pics in. I would love to do this to my pro auto disk! :mrgreen: I understand polishing the the body where the disk rides. Not sure what you mean by the boss?

Thanks
CM

Dark Helmet
06-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Remove a little off the tops of the parts that have the screw holes in them. Try to keep everything square. I had an Autodisk that I Put the Pro conversion on that leaked AA#7 like a seive!:mrgreen:

DLCTEX
06-28-2009, 10:55 AM
if you have the lee turret not the clasic,make a little piece of aluminum sheet and clip it to the right side of base and it will drop the primers in to base.how you get them out is your problem.:coffee:[smilie=1::Fire:

I get the spent primers out with a shop vac. Much faster than unbolting the press to dump them and gets the fines too.

shotman
06-28-2009, 12:01 PM
if you get the ajustable lee and replace the disc set up it will stop the leaking

Dale53
06-28-2009, 12:45 PM
The Lee Pro Auto Disc Powder measure (not the upgrade, but the FULL version) has a polymer wiper that seems to greatly reduce the leakage (at least in the three that I have). I MUCH prefer the Pro version and am happy to pay the higher price for the REAL advantages (shut off valve, polymer wiper, and easy changing of the discs, etc).

YMMV
Dale53

1hole
06-28-2009, 09:31 PM
"I've thought about setting it up for some .22 swaging, but I'm afraid that it will damage the press."

I think it's safe to say that NO turret press is a good choice for bullet swaging. And not a lot of single stages!

454PB
06-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Mine works great for swaging .224 jacketed bullets, I did 500 on it about a month ago.

JesterGrin_1
06-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Well some just need to see how good a WARRANTY really is lol.

Lee So good customer how did you sheer the lugs off of the press. Customer all I was doing is sizing some .380 auto brass and it just came apart. Lee Hmmmmmmm .380 brass you say. lol.

rbstern
06-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Another tip for Classic Turret users:

I have found, for small pistol or small rifle priming when using the Safety Prime tool, the large pistol priming arm works better.

Small primers balk less frequently when fed from the Safety Prime hopper into the large primer arm's seating cavity. The seating works the same with either priming arm. The extra diameter of the large primer arm cavity doesn't seem to matter. The primer goes smoothly into the pocket.

DLCTEX
06-29-2009, 11:23 PM
It would seem that using the LP arm would seat the primer flush instead if .002 below face as it should. At least that's what I've read should be done for proper seating. I'll have to give it a try. I was having occasional problem getting the small primers to go into the primer arm until I adjusted the Safety Prime to what appeared slightly off center and problems went away. Also I accidently tried to seat a large primer with the small primer arm and swaged the primer holding sleeve down some. It was a pain to get it opened back up.

cabezaverde
07-20-2009, 09:17 AM
I am considering the Lee classic turret. Is there any easy way to disconnect the auto rotation of the turret if you want to use it as a single stage (like for push through sizers)?

BD
07-20-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry to say that mine disconnected itself after after 300 rounds loaded. The little plastic part that indexes the turrent distorted to the point that it no longer will catch on the twisted op rod.
My other complaint is that on my press the shell holder is not held square to the end of the ram. The case has a noticeable tilt toward the opening in the shell holder.
BD

Dale53
07-20-2009, 11:29 AM
You can easily disconnect the operating rod by removing the turret and just lifting the op rod out the top. Be sure to line it up with the plastic indexer when when re-installing.

The little plastic cams cost nearly nothing and are easily replaceable. Everyone should get 4-5 extras and keep them on hand. They do not fail often but it will nearly always be an inconvenient time to fail (Murphy's law ALWAYS prevails:mrgreen:).

Dale53

JesterGrin_1
07-20-2009, 12:36 PM
The rod in the center of the turret head will just simply slide out after you remove the turret head. But why. If you do not move the arm all the way to the bottom of the stroke so that it will move to the next die you can use it as a single stage.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/SHAKERATTLEROLL/IMAG0052.jpg

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
07-20-2009, 01:13 PM
I never broke one of the plastic indexing cams on mine. But I did polish the worm gear to eliminate sharp edges and I was meticulous in adjusting the auto indexing. This gave me greater speed, flawless performance and no broken plastic parts.

Regards,

Dave

BD
07-20-2009, 03:43 PM
The auto indexing is really not needed, more of a convenience as long as it stays adjusted. There is a tiny little plastic square that rides the shaft inside the plastic indexing housing. On my press that little square became distorted to the point that it won't "float" up and down in it's little cube space anymore. I suppose I'll need to order a couple of spares. This seems typical of Lee products, innovative design but marginally executed with the cheapest possible materials. I don't have my dial indicator jig with me in NY, but I'll be curious to check the run out against the Lyman T-mag.
BD

cabezaverde
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I have been watching the you tube videos on this press. It could be the video, but it seems like the press has a lot of shake and flex in it.

Is this consistent with everyone's findings?

Also, does the press come standard with the primer feed set up or is that ordered separate?

Dale53
07-21-2009, 11:32 PM
The ONLY movement of the press is when the turret moves up against the inside top of the frame for a perfect, SOLID backing - something that NO other turret press of my knowledge is able to do.

Frankly, it is THE superior turret press. I have used all of the popular ones, so I speak from experience. Then, when you add in the relatively low cost, it becomes THE press of it's type.

Dale53

JesterGrin_1
07-22-2009, 04:53 AM
I will have to say I like the Lee Classic Turret so much I sold a Lyman T-Mag II that was not nearly as good as the LEE. As a matter of fact that is now the only press on my table. I keep an old Rock Chucker just for use with the Lee push through sizers.

cabezaverde
07-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Is the priming system included?

Chunky Monkey
07-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Is the priming system included?

If you buy it as a kit (check out Kempf's (https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=630&category_id=26&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41)) it comes with either large or small. For $22.00 more you can upgrade and get both large and small safety priming systems as well as the pro auto disk powder measure. I highly recommend both. Besides Sue Kempf is a great person do deal with. If you have any questions just email her. She responds very quickly.

Just my @.02
CM

OldBob
07-22-2009, 07:17 AM
I will have to say I like the Lee Classic Turret so much I sold a Lyman T-Mag II that was not nearly as good as the LEE. As a matter of fact that is now the only press on my table. I keep an old Rock Chucker just for use with the Lee push through sizers.

Exactly the same here, this press is a joy to use and I believe it has about the same leverage through the linkage as my Rockchucker, but I use the Rockchucker for heavy duty jobs because I don't want to wear the Lee CC. I drop a bit of powdered graphite in the turret drive mechanism, it smooths out the drive and saves wear on the plastic drive link. Lee hit the nail right on the head with this one.

cabezaverde
07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
See what you guys did - just got done ordering one.

JesterGrin_1
07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Cabezaverde I was a true green guy when I knew nothing lol. I used only a RCBS Jr and a JR-3 press as that is what I got from a nice guy when I first started to load BPCR. And then I thought this is just dumb and slow to have to change out the Die's for each operation. So I had a smart idea got a Turret Press lol. So I got the Lyman T-Mag II the new black one. They are expensive. Heck if you need a new turret head they are almost $40.oo for the Lyman and I just did not like how it worked. Then I read about the LEE Classic Turret Press on this forum and went to Kempf's online to look at what the price would be and thought now that is one neat press and with all of the positive stuff said about it how could I go wrong. But I knew I was going to head up to cabellas and thought I would look around for one and see how close they were in price. Low and behold they had one in the Bargin Bin area for $50.00. The only thing wrong was a case of Hot Souce broke and went all over the box and smelled to high heavan lol. But the press was perfect. So I purchased it and ran lol. And I did order everything else I needed for it from Kempf's with great service to boot.

When I started to use it I took off my single stage and the Lyman T-Mag and as I said sold the Lyman.

As of yet I do not feel a real need to jump to a full blown progressive such as the LNL or Dillon. But if I did it would be the LNL

And just to add lol get the Lee double disc kit if you get the Pro Auto Disc powder measure. They are cheap and work well. Except I have found with H-110 and W-296 I do get some leakage due to the fact it is such a fine powder.

cabezaverde
07-23-2009, 02:27 PM
As I await delivery of my press, I am thinking about turret storage.

Anyone have the diameter offhand?

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
07-23-2009, 02:53 PM
My thoughts in red in the quote.

The auto indexing is really not needed, more of a convenience as long as it stays adjusted.

If you're meticulous in the initial adjustment, the auto index, it'll stay adjusted. Helps to "tune" it a bit, see my post above or that forum that focuses on lee presses and adjustments.

There is a tiny little plastic square that rides the shaft inside the plastic indexing housing. On my press that little square became distorted to the point that it won't "float" up and down in it's little cube space anymore. I suppose I'll need to order a couple of spares.

I had the same plastic square in mine from the time I bought it. Again, it's about adjusting and paying careful attention to the adjustment. If you do, no problems with the plastic square. If you don't, damaged square.

This seems typical of Lee products, innovative design but marginally executed with the cheapest possible materials. I don't have my dial indicator jig with me in NY, but I'll be curious to check the run out against the Lyman T-mag.

I already did with the Lyman T-mag I sold. Significantly superior, but the Lyman isn't particular good on runout compared to other presses I've owned, including a Rock Chucker, Lee Classic cast single stage and Hornady LnL AP.

BD

Cap'n Morgan
07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
It really sounds as if I should replace my ancient RCBS single stage with the Lee Classic. I'll probably order it through Midway as they have a branch division here in Denmark.

Just a few questions:

The Classic is a four hole turret only, right?

What powder dispenser would you recommend? I need to drop charges in the seventy range at most. Easy and quick adjustment is paramount.

How simple is the turret design? It would be nice to be able to machine a stack of replacement discs for the different calibers.

Thanks in advance :drinks:

cabezaverde
07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Can I get anyone to measure the diameter of a turret?

DLCTEX
07-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Cap'n Morgan: Be aware that there is a Classic Cast press that is single stage and the Classic Cast Turret, not to be confused with the standard 3 and 4 hole turrets that are still offered.
cabazaverde: The turret measures 3.700 at the largest diameter.

cabezaverde
07-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Thank you Dale.

1hole
07-24-2009, 10:25 PM
"...the Challenger breach press too if you can afford it. It is fantastic for batch loading as the dies can be swapped out in less than ten seconds!"

To each his own.

I can remove a standard die in less than 10 seconds, takes about the same to replace it. For maybe a 10 second time savings per change over I'm gonna buy something like 60 of those breech adapters? NOT!

dannyabear
07-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Can I get anyone to measure the diameter of a turret?

You don't need the demintions of the turret; use the round die box, with the bottom part turned upsode down , and the turret with dies fit into it, just like it was made for it.

calkar
07-25-2009, 12:07 AM
When I started competing in cowboy silhouette I was using a rcbs jr. I had worked up accuracy loads and groups were great. I wanted to increase reloading speed and bought a lee turret, I loved it so much I bought another at a yard sale, and have two bolted to my bench. After a couple seasons I wanted to change sights and upon sighting in noticed that the accuracy of my favorite load seemed bad, Well I had noticed that the turret kicks up slightly when seating a bullet or sizing a case and was suspicious. I just bought a forster/bonanza co-ax indicator, and have found out that the slop in the turret gives me a run out of about .008. It saddens me to say, I will only use them from now on for jobs that are not allignment critical.

Cap'n Morgan
07-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Cap'n Morgan: Be aware that there is a Classic Cast press that is single stage and the Classic Cast Turret, not to be confused with the standard 3 and 4 hole turrets that are still offered.

Dale, thanks for the warning.

I'll be using the press for rifle calibers only. Since I'm not going for any large production runs (about a hundred or so max at one time), perhaps I should skip automatic powder drop/progressive loading and just use the press with manual indexing? I regularly load half a dozen different calibers and work on load development all the time. Screwing dies on and off gets tiresome over time. The idea of just swapping die sets sounds like the way to go.

DLCTEX
07-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Cap'n Morgan: If you prefer to weigh each charge, as I do for rifle, use the Lee powder through die and set a funnel in it to pour the powder through as the case comes to that station. When using a powder measure I use a tip picked up on the forum and fasten a small LED light that has a flex neck so that it shines into the case, allowing a visual check of powder level.

1hole
07-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Okay, all you guys talkng bout run-out have me puzzled. What are you measuring? Bullet run-out in the loaded cartridges or some run-out in the press? If the latter, where-how-with what do you measure the run-out?

If it's the cartridge, and that's the only thing that matters to me, Lee's Dead Length Bullet Seater Die is specifically designed to correct for press spring from any cause. I've read whinning about the "loose" bullet seater plug in that die but it's deliverately free to allow the plug to align with any bullet we use. On average, it's at least as good as any other common seater and is quite effective in producing a consistant OAL.

calkar
07-25-2009, 10:22 AM
1 hole: imagine if when you run your case into the sizer die the die slants over to one side a few thousandths. What if that death length seater die is being held at a angle also?

hpdrifter
07-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I watch as I seated a bullet last night. The whole disc goes up on mine. It does not "tilt".

Dale53
07-26-2009, 01:35 PM
hpdrifter;
EXACTLY! That is the brilliance of the design. The turret sits solidly against a square surface when final sizing or bullet seating takes place.

Dale53

RP
07-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I have several Lee press they are cheap enough and more is better right. One I use just for sizing and deprimeing which is not the classic, It has a slot cut in the ram for the primer arm to go in and a hole in the back side of it for the primers to come out. I took a beer can cut some strips to fit the slot and angled it to the rear hole. It is held in place by some silicone. The primers go into the base of the press so I drilled a hole in my bench and funneled it to keep them from building up around the hole, Then I took a tin can like a tuna can because its short and a deck screw to fasten it to the bottom of the table. When it gets full a few K primers later I remove the screw and dump in a 5 gal bucket ( yes I save the old primers dont know why) One draw back is dropping the can full of primers aggggggg.
PLUG I got some convertions parts to make a 3 holer a 4 holer to trade for more 3 holer parts I perfer them more.

calkar
07-26-2009, 09:24 PM
your right Hp, I must keep looking to find where the run out is coming from.

looseprojectile
07-27-2009, 12:58 AM
I bought a Classic cast turret press early this year. I bought it because I saw a friends work and thought it was good. Then I recomended it to another friend and he scrapped his Hor-pro something press as he really liked it and it worked perfect. My Lee classic turret has not worked very well, until I did a little fixing.
I always have had a problem with the safety priming system. The cap would stick and I had to pull it back after I jamed a primer in the primer arm. The fix was to file the little nub off the top of the verticle rib that the cap rides up and down on.
Runs smooth now.
Second problem was that the primer arm with a primer in it would hit the bottom of the shell holder and I would have to joggle it to get it to work. The fix was to deepen the slot in the arm that sits in the ram. Runs like it should have all along.
Another problem is, Did you know that to load eight hundred rounds of .45 auto you have to raise and lower the ram thirtytwo hundred times. [Don't have Lee dies in .45 auto].
Wish someone would have warned me about that. Now after the blisters heal I will be sure to wear a glove on my handle hand. Danged wood knob.
Now that it runs perfectly I am really impressed.

Life is good

cabezaverde
07-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Has anyone used a powder measures other than the Lee unit?

I bought the press and a Hornady case activated set up to use together. Looks like there will never be enough clearance with the Hornady measure and the safety prime in place.

Dale53
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
There are a number of companies that offer a die that will adapt a "normal" powder measure to a loading press (including the Lee Classic Turret). Here is one from Lyman:

Multi-Expand Charge Die System:

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/dies/precision-speciality-dies.php

Dale53

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Has anyone used a powder measures other than the Lee unit?

I bought the press and a Hornady case activated set up to use together. Looks like there will never be enough clearance with the Hornady measure and the safety prime in place.

I used an RCBS Uniflow with the Hornady LnL case activated powder drop "die" on top of the Lee Classic Turret. Clears the safety prime and the Uniflow is about the right weight to balance well on the Lee Classic Turret. The Hornady LnL powder measure is a bit too large and heavy to work comfortably on the Lee Classic Turret.

If you need a pic, do a search for my old posts. If you can't find it there, I can post again.

Regards,

Dave

hiram
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
If you are loading for rifle, from what I read you have to double the powder disks to increase the powder charge. Are the charges accurate for rifle or is this better as a handgun press?

JesterGrin_1
07-28-2009, 07:05 PM
The Double Disc kit is a good idea for Pistol and or Rifle as you can do finer adjustments with how much powder it will throw. And you can also sub the Lee Adjustable one to take the place of one Disc and get even also do well. As for Rifle it depends on the powder and how much you wish to throw.

DLCTEX
07-28-2009, 09:17 PM
You can double stack the Lee adjustable powder discs. Make sure either way that the bottom plate has the larger, or equal, hole to avoid powder bridging and dropping random granules.

calkar
07-28-2009, 11:04 PM
hiram: IMHO the best way to to approach the rifle loading with a lee disk is to first find a load area that is least sensitive to slight powder variations. This would be done with a ocw test / ladder test times three. When you do this test you will find several load areas that will not change your point of impact much with the common 1/10 gr. or so error in the progressive powder drops. I shoot hi power silouette with a international champ who loads progressive for his several thousand dollar rifle. Research ocw/ and ladder test and use your own judgement. I load in 1/2 grain increments, .010 off the lands seating depth, once I find a good area I do further testing in finer powder increment changes, and bullet seating depths.

JesterGrin_1
07-28-2009, 11:13 PM
You can double stack the Lee adjustable powder discs. Make sure either way that the bottom plate has the larger, or equal, hole to avoid powder bridging and dropping random granules.

And work to get the hole's as close to the same size as you can to help with an accurate powder drop.

If you have a case that needs more powder than a double disc will give Lee says to cut what you need in half and do it twice to get the amount of powder you need.

I would say that you could try 3 disc's but I am still working with it for my 45-70 and have not had the time to perfect it as of yet. :) But I am positive it can be done. :)

cabezaverde
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM
My press came and I have been fooling with it the last few days. How long does it take for one of these to smooth out?

Am I spoiled by my Rockchucker?

Heavy lead
07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Mine runs smooth as silk, loaded up 200 rounds same day I got it, received a new LNL yesterday, that's tight, a couple thousand will smooth it all out though.

JesterGrin_1
07-30-2009, 10:48 PM
My press came and I have been fooling with it the last few days. How long does it take for one of these to smooth out?

Am I spoiled by my Rockchucker?

Look up some of DaveInFloweryBranchGA posts on the subject as I am sure he can give better direction than I can.

But what I did was take the sharp edges off of the hex bolt that indexes the turret head and just cleaned it real well and put some lube on everything that moves.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
07-31-2009, 11:49 PM
If you are loading for rifle, from what I read you have to double the powder disks to increase the powder charge. Are the charges accurate for rifle or is this better as a handgun press?

Since you can install any powder measure that you want and are not limited to Lee measures, it doesn't matter what you load on the press. Don't let powder measure brand make a decision. You're better off not to lock yourself into a single brand when picking reloading equipment.

Regards,

Dave

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
07-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Clean the press really well, making sure to flush out machining crud.

Stone the worm gear edges to smooth them up and polish the maching tip/nipple off the end of the worm gear, you may need to use a file and in the end, you should have a smooth and slightly rounded point.

Turn the leverl prime so it aligns perfectly in the slot cast in the base for it. You may have to file the paint out of the slot for it to fit squarely. Again, break the sharp edges with a stone.

Lube the key wear points, any machine oil will work, such as three in one oil.

Adjust the advance so the turret head just makes it to the next locking detent. That way, when you're operating the press at a faster speed, the weight of the dies will not cause it to go past the ideal locking point.

That's about it.

Regards,

Dave

leadman
08-01-2009, 01:52 AM
I have the old turret with the 3 hole heads. I have had to lube the outside area of the turret heads to eleminate sticking. Usually use silicone, but am going to try the graphite I bought from IHMSA.
I have gotten into the habit of putting the backside of my off hand to block the primers falling to the floor. Works well and very little maintenance!

I had an old Lyman 55 (grey) that had an adapter with it that is threaded that could be screwed with force into the top of the Lee expander die. Had to work it manually, but would allow loading of cartridges with fairly large powder charges easily. Also used it with WC820 as this would leak out alot from the Pro auto disc.
One X-mas I gave my oldest son a bunch of used, but in excellent condition reloading equipment. The Lyman went with him.

I also keep on hand the nylon gears and the elastomer wiper for the Pro Auto Disc measure.

Esau
08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Anybody know if you can convert The Lee Classic Turret Press from 4 stations to 3?

JesterGrin_1
08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
No you can not change the Lee Classic Cast Turret Press from a 4 station to a 3 station.

454PB
08-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes, you can. I did it to mine.

However, I used the three head top removed from one of my older aluminum Lee turret presses. You also lose the auto advance feature, which didn't matter to me, I never used it anyway.

I did this conversion because I already owned a dozen of the three hole turrets with my dies installed.

Esau
08-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks!

I don't think you can beat the Lee Turret Press for the money and The Classic will load "anything." I was wondering though, do some of the other more expensive presses operate "smoother."

JesterGrin_1
08-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Yes, you can. I did it to mine.

However, I used the three head top removed from one of my older aluminum Lee turret presses. You also lose the auto advance feature, which didn't matter to me, I never used it anyway.

I did this conversion because I already owned a dozen of the three hole turrets with my dies installed.

You are correct. Just no auto advance. So it all depends on how you look at it lol.

dolang1
08-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Just a quick thanks to everybody that contributed to this thread. I got my Lee Classic Turret press yesterday. I ordered it from Kemph Gun Shop.(Received in 5 days from order date). Got both upgrades. Modified the primer tube with a powder can, cleaned it and oiled it, added a flashlight, cussed the primer feeder for a couple of hours til I figured out what I was doing wrong. The first 50 9mm rounds took 2 hrs. the second 50 took 22 minutes. I stopped timing myself because it was taking the fun out of it, but I'm definitely getting faster. After 300 rounds, the Pro Autodisk hasn't varied a tenth of a grain. Just wanted to say that when you guys suggest something there are people like me that listen and gain from you knowledge. I'm very pleased with my new press. Later Don

Dale53
08-19-2009, 07:17 PM
dolang1;
You point out a very important point. Every new piece of equipment we get requires a bit of "getting used to it" time and effort. I don't believe I have EVER been automatically "up to speed" with ANYTHING. Those who expect perfection in operating something new IMMEDIATELY are just not living in the real world.

I try not to judge new equipment until I am SURE that I am doing the correct thing.

As an example, I recently used a borrowed MiHec two cavity Cramer style hollow point mould. I felt really awkward in operating it, at first. However, within thirty minutes I was "up to speed" and it was working VERY well. In fact, you can NOW say I am REALLY enthusiastic about the design. If I had only that first five minutes to go on, I would have been turned off. It was just a matter of LEARNING HOW. Fortunately, I recognized that I was the problem, not the "machinery" and came up with an operating plan that worked quite well for me.

Dale53

nascarkent
08-20-2009, 08:03 AM
I have had mine for about a year, I had a few qwirks to work out, when first started useing it ,But after getting that done ,Works good ,made alot of ammo
My buddy saw mine in action ,And had to get him one also.

outdoorfan
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Just a quick thanks to everybody that contributed to this thread. I got my Lee Classic Turret press yesterday. I ordered it from Kemph Gun Shop.(Received in 5 days from order date). Got both upgrades. Modified the primer tube with a powder can, cleaned it and oiled it, added a flashlight, cussed the primer feeder for a couple of hours til I figured out what I was doing wrong. The first 50 9mm rounds took 2 hrs. the second 50 took 22 minutes. I stopped timing myself because it was taking the fun out of it, but I'm definitely getting faster. After 300 rounds, the Pro Autodisk hasn't varied a tenth of a grain. Just wanted to say that when you guys suggest something there are people like me that listen and gain from you knowledge. I'm very pleased with my new press. Later Don

Don't feel like reading the whole thread to find which two upgrades you're referring to. Must be the pro autodisk and something else? Also, what do you mean by "modifying the primer tube with a powder can"?

JesterGrin_1
08-20-2009, 12:48 PM
outdoorfan I think he means he did something like this or his own design to get rid of the spent primers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/SHAKERATTLEROLL/IMAG0046-1.jpg

hobbylink1
08-20-2009, 01:06 PM
I have used one and for little money you can't go wrong. But if you have the money get a Dillon 550b press. Just a lot better press and if anything breaks they will relace it or fix it for free.

outdoorfan
08-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh, ok. But I thought the Lee Classic Turret already came with some form of primer collecting system?

JesterGrin_1
08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Outdoorfan yes it comes with a long tube with a cap on the end. So you can leave it as is and when you feel you have enough spent primers in the tube you can simply remove the cap and dump them into whatever you may wish.

But I cut mine so I would not have that long tube hanging down and made an adapter that I could put through the cap of the bottle for easy collection. I did this as at times I may need to remove a good primer and thus replace the container with a clean one and mark it. And then go back to the dirty one when I remove used primers. Just something I like to do is all. :)

outdoorfan
08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Ok, thanks for explaining that.

Dale53
08-20-2009, 05:24 PM
The only downside to the Lee Classic Turret over the original, is I no longer have bushels of used primers on the floor,,,, I miss the traction (NOT!!).:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Dale53

outdoorfan
08-20-2009, 06:12 PM
The only downside to the Lee Classic Turret over the original, is I no longer have bushels of used primers on the floor,,,, I miss the traction (NOT!!).:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Dale53

Yeah, I've got that with my Rockchucker right now, and I HATE IT!!!!!

dolang1
08-20-2009, 06:29 PM
outdoorfan, With the Kemph kit, you get a upgrade choice of both large and small primer system and the ProAuto Disk. It was recommended that I choose both and I'm glad I did.

What jestergin_1 said is exactly what I did to the primer system. It isn't necessary, the tube holds plenty, I just couldn't help messing with it. Later Don

cabezaverde
09-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Having a little problem with mine,

When I raise a case, it will not always enter the die directly. I have to do a little "jiggling" with my finger to get the case to line up with the die.

This happens with multiple die brands and types, even when the press is not set to auto index.

Do I have a bad turret? I can actually see the turret rock clockwise a touch as the case enters the die.

Ben
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
What do your instructions that came with the press say about timing the press ? ?

I have a Lee Pro - 1000 , I've seen it out of time and behave identical to what you've described.

Ben

Dale53
09-01-2009, 11:39 PM
cabezaverde;
Try this. Loosen the lock ring of the sizing die. Run a case up into it. While the case is still in the die and the handle down, THEN tighten the lock ring. After this, do it for all of the other dies when you load (the case will center the die, when seating the bullet IT will center the die, and when you crimp, the case will again center the die.

Now, all dies should be centered and hopefully this is all that the problem was.

I have my fingers crossed.

Dale53

cabezaverde
09-02-2009, 06:23 AM
What do your instructions that came with the press say about timing the press ? ?

I have a Lee Pro - 1000 , I've seen it out of time and behave identical to what you've described.

Ben

Thanks, It does this even when it is not auto indexing. I am going to give Dale53's idea a try.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-02-2009, 06:54 AM
I agree with Dale53 above on his post. Were it my press, I would do two things.

1. Set up the timing without dies as described in my previous post.

2. Set up the dies per Dale53's post above.

If you still have problems, something isn't right. Try another 4-hole turret, repeat steps 1 and 2. If this doesn't resolve the problem, it may require a call to Lee.

There's nothing to say, with the high demand this year combined with 2% manufacturing defects across all industry that you didn't get a defective press turret head (The part the turret rotates in.). Not probable, but possible if machining tolerances run together the wrong way.

Regards,

Dave

Gadzooks Mike
07-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Gadzooks Mike, I solved mine this way see pic.

Beautiful! That really does look great! I did finally (duh) figure out that if I put in one of the little primer widgets, it forced the spent primers down into the base where they belong. Before that, I was using a chopped up piece of plastic straw. You can tell I'm the lazy one here! :p

NavyRedneck
07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I use my classic turret press for 9mm, 44 magnum, .308, .223, and 22-250. I had 3 separate turret 4-hole discs and am finally buying a few more so I have each one set up and ready to go. I even have multiple disk powder measures so I can really minimize the set up time.

Right now I only shoot a few rounds each month so I don't load a whole lot at once. Most of what I do is find a good-enough load for a bullet and then move to the next bullet for that particular gun. One day I hope to fine tune each load and then crank out a lot of ammo using a progressive like a Dillon. Until then the Lee is the best press for me. Even after that the Lee classic turret will be the best press for any small ammo runs.

Dale53
07-08-2010, 12:11 AM
>>>Until then the Lee is the best press for me. Even after that the Lee classic turret will be the best press for any small ammo runs. <<<

+1

Dale53

BillP
07-11-2010, 10:29 AM
I agree with Dale53 above on his post. Were it my press, I would do two things.

1. Set up the timing without dies as described in my previous post.

2. Set up the dies per Dale53's post above.

If you still have problems, something isn't right. Try another 4-hole turret, repeat steps 1 and 2. If this doesn't resolve the problem, it may require a call to Lee.

There's nothing to say, with the high demand this year combined with 2% manufacturing defects across all industry that you didn't get a defective press turret head (The part the turret rotates in.). Not probable, but possible if machining tolerances run together the wrong way.

Regards,

Dave

Where did you get the "2% manufacturing defects across all industry" from? This info can be misleading without the details.

bc

Storydude
07-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Where did you get the "2% manufacturing defects across all industry" from? This info can be misleading without the details.

bc

2% defect rate is now considered "acceptable" to most large manufacturers.
Nature of the beast.

I work retail and see it every day of the week.

flashhole
07-11-2010, 07:32 PM
This thread has a lot of good information in it for proper adjustment of your Lee Classic Turret.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=487742

BillP
07-11-2010, 09:59 PM
2% defect rate is now considered "acceptable" to most large manufacturers.
Nature of the beast.

I work retail and see it every day of the week.

Just asking...what is the source?