PDA

View Full Version : CVA Optima barrel swapping???

mikenbarb
06-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Does anyone know if a standard CVA Optima BP barrel is interchangable with a Optima Elite centerfire rifle barrel? I have an standard Optima in .50cal BP and would like to put a centerfire on it if possible.:confused:

BCall
06-08-2009, 09:52 AM
They are not interchangeable. The underlug is different on them. The standard Optima uses one like the H&R handi rifles, and the Optima Elite underlug is like the T/C one, you have to push the pin out to switch barrels. Billy

leftiye
06-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Could one machine the front of the elite underlug off, and would it maybe then fit a standard. In any case - is the standard strong enough to fire smokeless calibers?

BCall
06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Dunno, but the Optima action might look the same as the Optima Elite, but they are different. I wouldn't try it. Billy

mikenbarb
06-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I talked to CVA and they say the centerfire barrels arent avalable for it so it can be sold without a FID card. He wouldnt give me an answer on if its strong enough for centerfires but he said the frame is about the same design as the Elite and just as strong. LOL. Tricky Tricky.