PDA

View Full Version : This is a great forum...

Jim
06-07-2009, 12:46 PM
...and I enjoy it immensely. Sometimes, though, I miss the "good ol' days" of Shooters.com. Mind you, this forum's got all that and more and I'm in and out of here coupla' times a day.

jhrosier
06-07-2009, 12:52 PM
... I'm in and out of here coupla' times a day.

Slacker ! :kidding:

Jack

MtGun44
06-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Jim,

You are right! I, too, hate to miss my visit to cast boolits.

Great people here, and I really like the way that uncivil behavior it not welcome. I have
always believed that being polite is important, and it is more so in this medium where you
don't have eye and face contact to help with context for remarks, so things that would be
OK face to face can cause some misunderstanding in this medium. Keeping a high commitment
to polite discourse is really important, and it is done well here.

The biggest thing is that some of the members leave me in awe of the work that they have
done and their knowledge of reloading and shooting and gun history and - and - everything!

Bill

briang
06-07-2009, 03:05 PM
I too am enjoy to come to this forum and am glad to have the ability to pick the brains of casters form all over. This is my second favorite forum to come onto.

Slow Elk 45/70
06-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Agreed , this is a great fourm , and a great place for information and folks ready to help others, If I miss a day or two, I have to catch up on what went on while I was not lurking here....it is like missing part of your favorite series on the tube.:coffee:

Maximilian225
06-07-2009, 04:26 PM
This place has cost me many, many hours of sleep. [smilie=1:

-Max

lead Foot
06-07-2009, 05:16 PM
This is the greatest forum .I have burnt so many dinners I've lost count all because I have my head stuck in the computer. On the plus side My typing has improved so much I can use two fingers now. Well done to the people who run the forum and the people who contribute here valued knowledge.
Lead foot; :coffee:

runfiveswife
06-07-2009, 07:47 PM
This is a great site, and it can suck you in, be careful, all the guys are great and helpful, oh ya and watch your wallets, it seems to suck the cash right out of them. lol

Down South
06-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I’m a member of several forums. This one by far is my favorite. Thank you Ken.

Bret4207
06-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Shooters had a...flair? It had something, some style of flavor to it that was fun. Maybe it was just that it was the primo board when I got my first computer. But, I have the archives and of course the Aimoo site is still operating and I can say with great confidence this site has far, far surpassed the 2 other sites in knowledge and information as far as cast goes. True, it lacks some of the flavor Shooters had, but I'll just try and forget some of the idiots that posted there. OTH, I'd love to have access to the "Y2K" board just for laughs.

smokemjoe
06-08-2009, 08:11 AM
You guys are great here,I learn alot from yous and all the help yous gave me. Joe

Calamity Jake
06-08-2009, 08:49 AM
I to came from shooters, it was a great forum and so is this one.

timkelley
06-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Down South +1.

badgeredd
06-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I can honestly say that without this forum, I would very likely be shooting less and enjoying it less. Before I discovered this forum, I had some preconceived ideas about cast boolits that I've since found were completely wrong. Through this forum I have made acquaintances and friends :-D that I never would have without it. AND because of this forum, I once again am enjoying the dickens out of shooting and reloading. FURTHERMORE...I now have another half dozen guns (plus) [smilie=1: that I wouldn't have purchased or built because of the influence of the "cast boolit friendly" advice and folks here. Thanks everyone for making my day...everyday that I can log on.:drinks:

Edd :castmine:

P.S. The only J-words I have shot since I started here have been varmit loads or just to get some empties to try cast boolits in another gun.:bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:

DLCTEX
06-08-2009, 10:10 AM
This is the only forum I go to anymore. Tme constraints have forced me to cut back my computer time, so I went with the best.

Heavy lead
06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't belong to any others, I did a lot of lurking in this one before I stepped in. Without mincing words there are a lot of great fellows around here and I like the "tone" much better here, even when we are having a "heated" discussion than others.

shooterg
06-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I lurked here until I retired and bought my own PC(couldn't join from work). Now I'm a casting fool(emphasis on fool !). The economies of casting for .38 and .45 pistols sucked me in, just starting to play with .30 rifle. Got into swaging .224's now - and just got me a pot and turkey fryer to make smelting less tedious - the Lee pot was not meant for that purpose! Sold a few things on the Swap & Sell, but bought more $$ worth than sold - don't tell my wife that though. Love this site - good people - look at all those that jumped in to help Lloyd after his bonfire !

357tex
06-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I to come to cast bollits at least 2 times a day.Don't post much,as a preacher I do better with the spoken word,than I do tpying.So I read alot.When I frist got a computer,I joined.Have learned a lot.I have been casting since the late 60's but I think I had 2 years experance,repeated for 40 years.This place has opened my eyes and taught me so much.So thanks to buckshot and 44man, bass,and others.:coffee:

ronterry
06-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Wait a second, this isn't GlockTalk? DDDOOOHHH
I did find it strange there wasn't advertisements between the post, and I was able to navigate?

STP22
06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Our small club has but a precious few CB shooters. Can`t get anyone interested to get together to advance what we all enjoy here. My difficulty in posting something informative or helpful stems from trying to keep our small club up and running. A few doing most of the "work" ya know?

The K31 does get some excercise and is always handed to someone I think would appreciate it. Each has the same reaction after shooting it with the RCBS 200SIL with 13gr of Unique....two thumbs up!

I do still miss Floodgate.:-(