PDA

View Full Version : Lee decaping pins

abunaitoo
03-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Anyone know who carries the different sizes of Lee decaping pins?????
Last one I got from Lee cost me more in shipping than the pin.

bruce drake
03-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Ship it to them in a parcel post envelope with a letter detailing you bought the dies within the last two years and they'll replace the pin for free. (Of course you are still paying the shipping on the old pin but they will stand by their warranty)

One thing I have found is that their new E-Z Xpander decapping pin breaks easier than their older model.

Worst case, if you are handy with a lathe is to turn yourself a replacement pin from a 3 inch carriage bolt. I've got two that I've turned before I started to use the warranty and they are still going strong for the last three years.

Bruce

Buckshot
03-11-2006, 06:43 AM
................If you mean the de-capping 'Pin' itself and not the entire spindle, the pin is a roller bearing. If you have a motion equipment (bearing house) nearby, take one in and buy a dozen or so.

................Buckshot

drinks
03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
If you are where bearing stores are scarce, try a hobby shop, 1/16" music wire makes a very decent decapping pin, too.

abunaitoo
03-14-2006, 02:12 AM
How would you remove the old pin????? It's not like RCBS where the pin is replaceable. It's stuck in there really good.