PDA

View Full Version : Found some Lead

WickedGoodOutdoors
06-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Any Smelting guys in the Portland area. Just thought Id let you know.

I was in Perrys junk yard in Portland, Maine yesterday and they have about 2 tons of pure lead and a couple tons of wheel wieghts.

the guy said he was Aking 40 cents a pound Im sure you can negotiate with him if your buying volume.

Also in a gun shop on Rt 1 in Falmouth and they do Not have any primers unless you count a sleave of Antique #11 caps on the junk table. did not ask what the price was.

Leadforbrains
06-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Do you know what they are asking for the wheelweights?
Im working in Rhode Island and it might be worth it to make another road trip as I was in Kittery Maine last Saturday.

Pepe Ray
06-05-2009, 10:36 PM
There's gotta be more than 1 junk yard in Portland.

?
Pepe ray

geargnasher
06-05-2009, 11:16 PM
It must be nice to just jump in your car after work and drive across 3 states, buy something, and be home before dinner:kidding:[smilie=2:[smilie=2:

Where I live, it is over 400 miles to the NEAREST other state, at the closest point!

(But my state has purtier qwarters!)

Just poken' fun!

Gear

SciFiJim
06-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Actually geargnacher - the state closest to you is Coahuila mexico.:kidding:

Any idea what the price of WWs would be in Mexico? Maybe take a day trip to Eagle Pass.

I love the area you live in. My first kiss was at Garner Park. I was 12 and she was a worldly older woman of 13.
SciFiJim

Dennis Eugene
06-06-2009, 12:32 AM
hmmmm only 400 miles huh? texas must be a little bitty place. Dennis

hammerhead357
06-06-2009, 02:58 AM
SciFiJim, Garner State Park, a wonderful place to spend a little time outdoors. But then again anyplace outdoors when you are that age and getting kissed is a wonderful place.
I get over to GSP about once each year, my 2 youngest children and I floated the Frio river at Concan last year. That is just south of GSP it was a blast.....Wes

WickedGoodOutdoors
06-07-2009, 09:13 AM
TWO fARMERS MET AT A CONVENTION AND THE fARMER FROM TEXAS SAID.

"My Ranch is so big it takes me all day and all night to drive across it.

The Farmer from Maine said. "Ayah, I had a truck like that once too."

http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/warden%20truck.jpg

Fish & Game gave away this Truck in a Raffle, all you needed to do is purchace a Fishing/Hunting Licence for a shot at it.. I did Not win.

Leadforbrains
06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice truck, and Thanks for the Info!
There is a good chance I will be heading to Portland as soon as I get my next Paycheck.
This will be the first time I have actually paid for wheel weights, but I feel you can never have enough lead.
Thanks again,
steve