PDA

View Full Version : temperture control

TAWILDCATT
06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I need a new reostart for my Saeco pot.saw a speed control in harbor freight.
$19.99.sent for it tryed it out it works.you have to play with it for temp but once set you can leave it.It regulates voltage,so its on all the time.Its 115 at 15 amps.
:coffee: :veryconfu

44man
06-06-2009, 08:19 AM
I need a new reostart for my Saeco pot.saw a speed control in harbor freight.
$19.99.sent for it tryed it out it works.you have to play with it for temp but once set you can leave it.It regulates voltage,so its on all the time.Its 115 at 15 amps.
:coffee: :veryconfu
I made one long ago from a 1000 watt dimmer. I even doubled the heat sink. It worked for a long time but eventually burned up.
A new dimmer cost's an arm and leg so the pot sits now.
Let us know how it holds up, I will buy one if it does.

Echo
06-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I checked light dimmers @ Ace, and the cheap ones are rated @ 600 watts, and most 10-lb pots use 500-600 watt elements, so a cheap one would work fine - I theenk. Works for me, anyway.

And a friend blew the control on a SAECO, so he wired it direct, and controlled the heat by adding ingots. Started with a full pot, cast a few 4-gangers, put in another ingot, cast a few more, &cetera. When he got to the point he wanted to quit, he just quit, and unplugged, with a pot full to start with next time.

TAWILDCATT
06-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I dont know how long it will last but I put it on the Saeco that I got it for after testing on Lee.I bypast the thermo in the pot and so its direct to plug it worked great and nothing heated up above luke warm.The unit is rated at 15 amps so thats 1500 wts.+++.
the best part is its a voltage regulater and adjust the voltage.so it stays on all the time and should keep the temp steady.:coffee:[smilie=1: