PDA

View Full Version : Range Report 311413

mpmarty
06-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Went to the range last Sunday afternoon. Fired a dozen 311413s with my new Savage bolt gun. Load was 8grs of Red Dot with Wolf LP primers. Bore was cleaned with just a couple of patches after each six rounds. After coming home I applied a liberal swab of Kroil and left it for overnight. Next morning I ran a couple of patches through and got little or nothing out of the bore. It shines like a mirror in there.

Here's a couple of shots of the target.

Boolit was a Lyman Ideal 311413 cast ww water dropped and lubed with LLA w/ check.

nighthunter
06-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Looks promising in your rifle. What did you size the bullets too? What lube?

Nighthunter

Larry Gibson
06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Marty

I've enough troubel keeping track of my own rifles let alone everyone eles. Is the Savage a .308W, '06 or ? If a .308W then you're probably pushing 1200 fps or so...is that 50 or 100 yards. Either way it looks promising with that bullet.

Larry Gibson

mpmarty
06-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Sized .309 lube is LLA crimpon gas check boolits come out of the mould at .313 and the nose is .302 so I have to seat them pretty deep to get them to chamber. Tight throat on this Savage .308 1:12 twist w/ accutrigger and synthetic (sin thetic) stock pillar bedded. Rifle only weighs seven pounds with the leopold scope and mounts. Range was fifty yards (I'll go to a hundred when it isn't so windy). The bunch off to the left and high were me not the load. The two holes overlapping at the bottom of the group are both first shots from a clean barrel. I am still "breaking in" this rifle and am up to six shots between cleanings.