PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated and Confused??

larrye44
06-02-2009, 01:31 AM
I ordered a RCBS Lube-A-Matic 2 and a 452 Sizer Die from Midway. It was supposed to come in April. Then May 16, then May 31 and now June 29. I did a search for RCBS Lube-A-Matic 2 on the web and called every dealer that sold them and there was not one to be had. I ask a guy in Iowa what was going on and he said "the hord is on" I guess I didn't expect people to be hording casting equipment. I have all my WW's melted down and cleaned up and in ingots. I have the mold, but don't want to cast too early and have the boolits get harder while waiting on the luber-sizer. I understand they can be a bear to size after laying around for a while.

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a Lube-A-Matic 2 and a sizer die for it? Things are sure getting crazy and I'm afraid it is going to get worse before it gets better. Thanks everyone. Larry

MtGun44
06-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Check with midsouthshooterssupply.com or graf and son

Bill

dromia
06-02-2009, 02:11 AM
Try RCBS they have an online shop. Probably more expensive.

Calamity Jake
06-02-2009, 08:53 AM
I have the mold, but don't want to cast too early and have the boolits get harder while waiting on the luber-sizer. I understand they can be a bear to size after laying around for a while.
Larry

Don't worry they won't get hard enough that they can't be sized, even years later.
When sizing your only going to be changing the size .001-.003 anyway.

I have boolits that were cast some 10 years ago in a 75/25 WW/Lino mix that size just fine in the RCBS.

while waiting on your RCBS you can get the Lee push thru sizer and us there mule snoot for lube or pan lube.

looseprojectile
06-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Larry, you might try casting a few and lube them with Lee Liquid Alox. If they are oversize and will load in your brass and chamber, they will probably shoot good.
You didn't say which fortyfive you want to shoot them in. Measure a boolit as cast and come back here to get more input. Some of my best loads are with boolits as cast. A sizer-lubricator is not nesessary most of the time. I do however like to size and lube my rifle boolits, especially with gas checks. All of my handgun loads are fired in rifles, except the .45 auto.

Life is good

snaggdit
06-02-2009, 12:34 PM
+1 on the Lee push through sizers. It's all I have used so far. I am interested in getting a lubrisizer now as well, but plan to wait until the scarcity drops off. Who knows, some of the fools (not us, of course) who thought they needed to run out and buy casting equipment might go back to jacketed when supply catches up. Might be some deals out there then...

Oh yeah, and some of my boolits I just shoot as cast anyway. LLA works good, if a little messy.

Vly
06-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Larry - Fire up the pot and get casting. You will not have any difficulty sizing. I recently found a coffee can full of H&G 68's cast in 2006 that sized just fine and shoot good too.

Marlin Hunter
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I ordered a RCBS Lube-A-Matic 2 and a 452 Sizer Die from Midway. It was supposed to come in April. Then May 16, then May 31 and now June 29. I did a search for RCBS Lube-A-Matic 2 on the web and called every dealer that sold them and there was not one to be had. I ask a guy in Iowa what was going on and he said "the hord is on" I guess I didn't expect people to be hording casting equipment. I have all my WW's melted down and cleaned up and in ingots. I have the mold, but don't want to cast too early and have the boolits get harder while waiting on the luber-sizer. I understand they can be a bear to size after laying around for a while.

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a Lube-A-Matic 2 and a sizer die for it? Things are sure getting crazy and I'm afraid it is going to get worse before it gets better. Thanks everyone. Larry

You didn't check everyone. I dont know if they have the die you want. they may have a lyman die that may fit.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=RC80040&prodTitle=RCBS%20Lube%2DA%2DMatic%202

Maven
06-02-2009, 04:02 PM
larrye44, If you've cancelled your order with Midway, you may want to search your favorite auction sites for either a used RCBS Lub-A-Matic or either a Lyman #45 or #450 lube sizer and a .452" H & I die while you're at it. Aside from the lifetime warranty on RCBS products, there really isn't much difference in quality between the Lub-A-Matic and the #450. I have both and in some respects, the Lyman machines are easier to use and just as reliable.

wallenba
06-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I have experienced that with retailers. I now buy from the source if I can Lee precision has shipped everything I ordered in a week or two, even after waiting months on back order from Midway. Brass has been on backorder there since January. Finally ordered some direct from Starline, got it in a week! Now, if I can only find one of them primer horders!!!