PDA

View Full Version : Handle package for Lyman 450

odinohi
06-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Could someone post a pick of this new handle package that Lyman is selling for thier 450 lubesizer? I traded for a 450 and dont know the first thing about them or casting period. It came with 5 different dies and 4 top punches. I got about 56.00 into it. I think thats a pretty good deal, but I broke a part on it when trying to take it apart. Threaded piece with a rod going up through the middle to the die station. I ordered some parts from Lyman along with the handle package. Can I use Coleman stove fluid to clean up the lubesizer? I want to clean it all up and give it a coat of fresh paint. Thanks all, Tom

Shiloh
06-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm at work till 2:30.

I'll take a pic this evening and show you if someone else doesn't first.
My hande from the original broke and the new upgrade was about $20 IIRC.

Shiloh

mtgrs737
06-01-2009, 10:00 PM
How did you break that piece? It is a threaded hollow sleeve, you can order a new one from Lyman just go to their website. While your at it you can order there special wrench to remove the die retaining nut and set the bullet travel depth nut on the sleeve you broke.

Shiloh
06-02-2009, 08:05 PM
So you didn't break the handle at the top??
I did on mine, and the original handle and parts are not available. I have the 450 handle upgrade parts available from Lyman.

I have pictures in the digital camera. As soon as the ride gets home, I'll download

Shiloh

Shiloh
06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Here are the pics of the upgrade handle on the Lyman 450

Shiloh

DLCTEX
06-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Boiling it will remove the old lube as a first step.

odinohi
06-03-2009, 03:34 AM
No, I didnt break the handle. I broke the hollow tube under the die station. I have all the parts I need plus others and instructions coming from Lyman. I havent even used the 450 yet. One day after I get the mold that I want and mold handle I will ask someone on here thats in my area for some hands on training, but I gotta wait for my work load to pick up so I can have the extra bucks to buy them. Thanks for the pics Shiloh. I cant wait to start casting my OWN boolits. Tom
PS, I'm gonna try boiling the sizer to get the old lube out. I'll let you all know how it goes and post some pics of my NEW 450.
So you didn't break the handle at the top??
I did on mine, and the original handle and parts are not available. I have the 450 handle upgrade parts available from Lyman.

I have pictures in the digital camera. As soon as the ride gets home, I'll download

Shiloh