PDA

View Full Version : Updated pics of the Man Cave progress!

mikenbarb
06-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Heres what I put together so far and still have lots to go. The old Man Cave seems like its filled with endless reloading and casting stuff and lots of hidden treasures I forgot I even had.LOL. If anyone has anymore good ideas for it please let me know. Its got a long ways to go still but its finally taking shape and the whole right side still has to be finshed along with a heavy center island for a case prep and boolit lubesizing.
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/001-50.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/002-50.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/003-50.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/004-39.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/005-28.jpg

454PB
06-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Looks like you need another cave!

mikeyd499
06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Looks like you've got too much stuff in there. Pack up any unnecessary items and send them to me. :-D It really looks good. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun hibernating in your cave.

briang
06-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Looks like you could use a few more lights, but it might just be ones you have aren't in the pic.

HeavyMetal
06-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't think I'd put a "permant" Island in the middle.

Instead I'd look around for an original Tool Mate you know the metal ones!

I have one and it's built like a tank! I'd set up a spot in the center of the floor with a trough bolt anchor Then set up the tool mate as needed run a bolt through it to anchor it.

Then you could build "tops" to do various reloading chores such as trimming, writing down loads or alloy information, a place for your lunch the varaitions are endless and when finised it could be folded up and out of the way under the bench on the right side of the pic!

This way you won't be fighting with everthing you'll find gets attracted to your island!

Every "island" I've ever had to live with became a catch all do not go there!

Bad Water Bill
06-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Mike one major change I would make. Please put some insulation and a source of heat in there. If not done you will have major RUST problems. Once that project is finished I will be there to remove the unsightly structure from your property at no charge of course.

Great job guy :drinks:

mold maker
06-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Do I see a Gold Pan above the casting table?? If so do ya use it to prospect?

Bigjohn
06-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Does it come in kit form and where can I buy one? :mrgreen:

John

mikenbarb
06-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Heavymetal, Thats a great idea instead of anchoring an island down. Im gonna take a trip to Lowes and see what they have on wheels.:drinks:

brian, The big lights are up high and im using area lighting for where im working at. It makes it easier than running all kinds of outlets with seperate lights.

Bill, It has some new type of insulation between the exterior sheeting and its some weird stuff like Tyvek but it has a real high R rating and its supposed to be better than fiberglass or foam types. I have a large dehumidifier im installing tommorow and its gonna run full time to keep it low humidity. The molds are going to be stored in a wooden cabinet with a small lightbulb to keep it dry. The heat is a blue flame LP heater and its going in the right side next to the one window and it should keep it toasty in the winter. It dont get too cold here anymore and around 10 degrees is the lowest its been in years with an average of about 15-20 in the dead of winter.

Moldmaker, Its a media pan but I do have a old gold pan I play with every now and then. I get a few small flakes but thats about it.

HeavyMetal
06-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Good ideas are meant to be shared!

Glad I had one to offer and I am real curious to see what you might get at Lowes!

Place looks great, by the way hope that Hollywood is real secure! That baby falls and you might have to bury it where it lands!

One other thing I think you should look for at Lowes: a Class C fire extingusher. We all know powder has it's own oxygen built in but for anything else, like a run away lead pot or heater, and that Class C might be worth it's weight in gold!

I mention this because I did not see one in your pic's.

Slow Elk 45/70
06-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Mike B , that didn't take long to get filled up !!! Nice Cave:mrgreen:

mikenbarb
06-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Heavy, Got a class C and a straight CO2 extinguisher already and the Hollywood is secured REAL good and if you look close you can see the extra 4x4 under it to take the extra weight of the beast.LOL.
Slow Elk, Thats only about 1/2 of what has to go in it still and im gonna have to put an addition on already.:drinks:
Heres a couple more pics that show the areas better. The molds are on the shelf temporarily and im building a wooden cabinet to store them in with a small lightbulb. I still havnt figured out yet where the swaging press is gonna be mounted. All the work benchs have heavy angle iron frames underneath to make sure they will hold the weight.
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/001-51.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/mikenbarbj/003-51.jpg

Sprue
06-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Planning on Mancave II yet ? Keep the pics for future reference

Look'n good Mike, good job.

RayinNH
06-02-2009, 09:43 PM
I particularly like the target of the twelfth century psychopath in the dirty nightshirt...Ray

Firebricker
06-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Nice diggs Mike !! The only suggestion I have is a slot in the door for delivery guy to shove
pizza through. FB

mikez
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Everything looks so neet and in order. Do you use the cave?

deltaenterprizes
06-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Everything looks so neet and in order. Do you use the cave?

I am so damned disorganized.

mikenbarb
06-27-2009, 08:20 PM
LOL, You should see the mess now after I have been using it for a couple weeks.:(

mold maker
06-27-2009, 10:06 PM
All my stuff used to be neat and organized. Then I left home, got a wife, and children.
45 years later, my stuff is like a boweling alley. What ever I touch, knocks something else over.
Where did all this stuff come from????

mikenbarb
06-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Its an accumulation or reloading and casting stuff from over the years and its only about 3/4 of what I own. The rest is in my garage and spare room in my house. Im trying to set this up with the better stuff and all my benchrest items. I made a center island on wheels thats exclusively for my benchrest loading area and hopefully it will stay that way. I will take some more pics after its all cleaned up and organized because its a mess now.LOL.

06-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Any chance of some direct / powered ventilation over those pots? Have the vapors sucked outside. Provide a passive vent / air intake on the other side of the room.

wilddog45
07-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Wow, do you cast in there? How much ventilation is there?

T191032
07-23-2009, 07:51 PM
"Slow Elk, Thats only about 1/2 of what has to go in it still and im gonna have to put an addition on already."

Wow. Funny how a 14'x16' space becomes "small" fast. :-)

remy3424
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Wow Mike....you have a room full.... Looks great!!!

mikenbarb
08-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks everyone. wilddog, Theres a 12" exhaust fan with a hood over the casting area plus two windows and a double door I keep opened for fresh air unless the A/C is on. I also have 2 vents in the roofline now.:grin: I just posted updated pics in a new post of the exhaust system and my BR island.

Caveape
08-29-2009, 01:54 AM
OOUUGGHHH!!! Caveape loves Mancave!

Lawnjockey
10-12-2009, 08:46 AM
It aint a mancave unless it has a mini fridge and a Lazyboy and that Lazyboy has a name. My Lazyboy is Old Browny.

Jocko

geargnasher
10-12-2009, 11:13 PM
It aint a mancave unless it has a mini fridge and a Lazyboy and that Lazyboy has a name. My Lazyboy is Old Browny.

Jocko

I've been asking myself the same question: Where's the beer fridge?:redneck:

Actually I don't drink much beer, but Dr. Pepper and coffee are my staples, gotta have a mini-fridge and a coffee pot in the gun room.

I don't know your habits, maybe you don't drink or you just go in SWMBO's house if you need some refreshments :bigsmyl2:

Anyway, nice place! Thanks for sharing with us, I'm taking notes for my own upcoming version, my current cave has an entire wall that slides up to the ceiling for extra ventilation, but my wife wants to park cars in it for some strange reason [smilie=l:

Gear