PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good idea?

azcoyhunter
03-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Shooters

I have a question

Is this a good idea?

Clint

http://www.hiltsmolds.com/LeadMeltingEquipment.htm

carpetman
03-06-2006, 11:56 PM
AZCOYHUNTER--I would think that gizmo you posted the link to would be slow and tiring. You gonna have to set it down when you cut your sprue and pick it back up---extra steps. Probably be good for intended purpose of casting a few jigs,but for a bunch of bullets,I'd spend a few more bucks and get a bottom pour Lee.

azcoyhunter
03-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks Carpetman

Sometimes I need somebody to put me back into reality, I love "gizmos" but sometimes they are not of much use.

Clint

Four Fingers of Death
03-07-2006, 07:47 AM
It would probably be ok to use as a back up to your Lee to keep it topped up and prevent interupptions. I prefer to drop some lead into the pot when the level drops and spend a bit of time doing something else, emptying the bullets out of the catcher, stretching, walking about giving my back a break, etc. Work out a system and your casting will be seamless anyway.

MGySgt
03-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Key words:

The most economical way to pour jig heads & sinkers! This little powerhouse melts 4lbs of lead in 5 minutes, and then keeps the lead at the proper temperature...

Might be great for some one casting up a few fishing jigs or sinkers, but I do not think so for bullets!

Just my humble opinon.

Drew

Buckshot
03-08-2006, 03:47 AM
...............Four pounds of lead equals about 130 common 45 cal peestol boolits. That's is you drained it to the dregs. Not so bueno.

Now if you used it to melt lead for adding to your 20 pounder, THEN it might make sense.

..................Buckshot