PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on Ballisti-Cast moulds

Maj Tom
03-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I’m new to your forum and have been casting for a number of years. My moulds of choice are H&G and I cast primarily for the .45 ACP. I find with the proper technique I can achieve exceptional consistency with these moulds; weight variations of plus or minus a couple of tenths for multi-cavity (four, six, and eight) moulds. I’ve read that when H&G closed their doors the tooling went to Ballisti-cast. Does anyone have any experience with Ballisti-cast moulds and/or comparisons to Hensley and Gibbs? Thanks…..

old goat
03-06-2006, 11:47 PM
...Go to page 2 here, and scroll down to the "Ballisti-Cast vs RCBS moulds" thread for some thoughts to start with.
...I have one of their moulds on order, but have no experence with them as yet.
...Creeker, of Dry Creek Bullets, recommended them.

...old goat

Beau Cassidy
03-07-2006, 11:31 AM
They are great molds. 2 to 3 week turnaround time on orders. I have several and they are my favorites. I once ordered a new design. The guy who cut the mold (not some secretary) called and apologized that it casted a little lighter than advertised. He wanted to know if I wanted it or if he should recut it. Think you are gonna get that with Lyman or RCBS?

Beau

Dutch4122
03-07-2006, 11:49 AM
The guy who cut the mold (not some secretary) called and apologized that it casted a little lighter than advertised. He wanted to know if I wanted it or if he should recut it. Think you are gonna get that with Lyman or RCBS?

Beau

That was probably Peter Neiss (sp?) you were talking to. I've dealt with him several times on the phone and he has always been very helpful.

Maj Tom-

I think you'll be very happy with the Ballisti-cast products. Very high quality.

GLL
03-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I have several Ballisti-Cast 4 cavity moulds and am very pleased with both the quality and the service from the company.

I recently purchased a mould and wanted the base band to be slightly modified from the catalog example. There was no problem getting exactly what I wanted and just 2 weeks delivery.

Very good quaity work !

Nice people to deal with !

Not cheap, but just slightly more expensive than SAECO or NEI 4 cavity moulds.

Jerry

Nazgul
03-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I have several molds from Ballisti-cast. Same experience, they called to verify the dimensions and alloy I was using. Quality bunch to deal with. Very good molds.

Lloyd Smale
03-07-2006, 09:05 PM
probably the best molds on the market.

Maj Tom
03-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Good info. Thanks. H&G's are getting harder and harder to find.

Beau Cassidy
03-07-2006, 11:32 PM
That was probably Peter Neiss (sp?) you were talking to. I've dealt with him several times on the phone and he has always been very helpful.

Maj Tom-

I think you'll be very happy with the Ballisti-cast products. Very high quality.

It wasn't Peter who called me. I am pretty sure he has taken my orders, though. I used to have the guy's name that called me but can't find it.

Beau

LAH
03-08-2006, 10:06 PM
probably the best molds on the market.

You could be correct ole friend. The ones I have work perfectly.

Peter Niess owns the company now purchasing it from Dennis Edwards of Plaza, ND. I think the mould guy's name is Bruce...........Creeker

madcaster
03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
I thought it was in Minot,ND?
I was stationed there in the Air Force in 1984-86!
Jeff.

LAH
03-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Ballisti Cast is located in Minot now. When Dennis Edwards owned the company it was Plaza.

Lloyd Smale
03-12-2006, 04:10 PM
hes a real personalble guy too. Some people dont know that ballistic cast will do custom molds too. I recently worked with them on one
You could be correct ole friend. The ones I have work perfectly.

Peter Niess owns the company now purchasing it from Dennis Edwards of Plaza, ND. I think the mould guy's name is Bruce...........Creeker