PDA

View Full Version : reload shelve

Harpman
03-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Heres my new reload shelve, My brother and I made it, solid oak.
used scraps in his shop, he has way too much oak.LOL

http://harmonicaplayer.com/new.jpg

carpetman
03-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Harpman---Fine looking woodwork. Tell us about the harmonica playing--is that you playing? Very good. If you,it shows Johnny Rivers--have you played with other big names? Tell us about it.

Harpman
03-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Yep, thats me playing, I played with alot of big acts over the years...Its alot of fun, most of them are real good folks too...lately I got tired of all the crap that goes with playing regular, and now just play with "Doc Holliday" when I feel like it.
Thanks for asking and the compliment.

Gunload Master
03-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Wow, that is very impressive Harpman!

Blacktail 8541
03-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Just tuned in to the site and your playing is great.

carpetman
03-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Harpman---Lot of big names---come on we wont take it as boasting--tell us who. Have you ever heard of or played with LeRoy Parnell?

Harpman
03-06-2006, 11:50 PM
I met Leroy once, he had no desire to jam, but was cool about it..some of the bands and folks were, Alabama, Garth Brooks band, alot of the old Black legends in Memphis, It got to where I can now walk in any club on Beale street and get called to stage before I can get a beer.LOL...that was my goal too, just to atleast have the memories of playing with the top of the pile..One guy I really disliked is Billy Ray Cyrus , TOTAL AS__H__E !!!!!!!!!!!, long story.lol. a bunch more names, too many to list or remember.

carpetman
03-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Harpman---I saked about LeRoy Parnell for a couple of reasons. One is he is a 2nd cousin of my wife. Two he should have listened to Alabama---If you gonna play in Texas you need a fiddle. He was trying to be country western but he plays the blues guitar--slide guitar and I thought maybe his style and yours might have matched up? BTW an impressive list you mentioned. Your goal was to get a beer or to get called to the stage?

steveb
03-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Nice looking shelf! I really got into listening to harmonica players when John Popper( I think thats his name) came on the scene with Blues Travelers. Thats some good bluesy harmonica playin. Im an Allman Bros nut! Good Job!

Harpman
03-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Our styles do match, I could probly play any song he wanted, But unfortuneatly, that doesnt matter....I love his stuff. incedently, the main reason I got back into guns was to take my mind off music, the crap you have to deal with is unreal and takes the fun out of playing when the gigs get bigger.. my goal was to be able to play with the pro's, especially the old black guys that started the blues and rock and roll.

454PB
03-07-2006, 01:47 AM
That's beautiful......too beautiful for a reloading room!

Ever hear of a guy named Kostas? He hired me as lead vocalist in his band back 37 years ago. I played with him for about a year. He's now a big time song writer, wrote stuff for Patty Loveless, Dwight Yoakam, The Mavericks, and others.

I'm still playing music small time. It pays enough to buy my guns and finance my reloading habit.

Frank46
03-07-2006, 03:48 AM
Harpman, hey thats some nice wood work. Wish my reloading setup looked that well organized and clean. Well done oak sure looks great. Frank

Blackwater
03-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Nice woodwork, Harpman. And FWIW, there aint' NOTHIN' like a well played harp. Add a good, hot lap steel in the mix, an' yer cookin' wid GREASE! Ain't nothin' like dem ol' blues!

Harpman
03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I know what ya mean, When I play with Doc, they loves the harp and we jam all nite, jumping blues, some SRV, chicago blues,etc...when we get cooking good Bruce breaks out a slide and plays some great stuff on his guitar...then its lost in the zone for me, we start trading licks and stuff, I could do that stuff for ever ! :hijack:
Sounds like Kostas got it going on...thats a tuff market to break into, dam near impossible !

KCSO
03-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Harpman
Great Playing!
I did a shelf like that once and my wife hauled it off to the living room before the varnish was dry. I am not allowed to have anythig that nice in my loading room. As to musical ability, when I was yong they told me to sing to the cows making rounds and after 1 round the cows asked me NOT to sing.

Harpman
03-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Thats funny, when we finished it, I was thinking my wife may confiscate it...then I thought, aint no way, what would she use it for ?...So I got to keep it, she couldnt think of a use for it...I used to play for my dog , when I was growing up, I would play a note and he would howl, my mom would be in the house laughing at us. thats where I got my training for trading licks.LOL

versifier
03-09-2006, 08:04 PM
When I was in my early twenties, my brother and I were rebuilding/restoring a 1790's vintage farmhouse my family had purchased. I liked to relax in the evenings with a little music (keyboards and harps). My brother, an intensely serious workaholic, thought any time not spent pounding nails was wasted time and taught the dogs to howl whenever I played. I was amazed to discover that one of them would match the harp's pitch perfectly, and so was born the Howling Dog Band. It drove him nuts! When life gives you ****, plant a garden. :smile:

Harpman
03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, remember, "An organized reload room is happy reload room"
[smilie=l: :violin: [smilie=l: