PDA

View Full Version : Win. 10 gauge signal cannon

smkummer
05-24-2009, 11:23 AM
OK, I finally got one. Yes, its a blast. No, I will not pay $50 for 25 blanks as I can shoot the cost of one these up really fast. So is there anyone else here loading for these? A can of black powder lasts for 32 shots excactlly using the 8 dram load per shell. I suppose I could load 4 drams to see if its loud enough and save powder. Anyone using a smokeless powder to get a loud bang? thanks ahead of time.

klcarroll
05-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Hmmmm............., Tricky!!!!!!!!

All of your smokeless powders will require a certain level of pressure to burn correctly: ....Unlike Black Powder.

I know for a fact that some of the major manufacturers sell smokeless "Popper Loads"; ....but I have never seen the relevant load data published.

The noise production would call for a very fast burning powder; ...and safety considerations would call for a minimum wad column.

I would hate to be given the task of working THAT load up from scratch!

Personally, ....I would stay with Black Powder: .....Not only will it perform with a very simple, light wad column, ...but it will give a richer, fuller "BOOM"!!!

Yes! ........ Yes! ........I know!! .....It makes a mess!

Kent

smkummer
05-24-2009, 03:18 PM
That full charge of blackpowder just makes it so right with the noise and smoke. The little cannon even rolls back on its wheels when fired. Maybe the newness will wear off after I show all my shooting buddies my new toy. OK, so a full charge of blackpowder comes to .50 per shot, I guess thats not bad for the fun.