PDA

View Full Version : Thinking out of the box......using a unused house hold item for a reloading bench

reloaders4you
05-24-2009, 02:38 AM
This unused t.v. Stand has been staring at me from the corner of the garage for some time now. So i got the idea to put it to some good use. Since i consider my self a "press *****" and would like to get some of my smaller presses a good home. So i went to lowes and picked up 3 2x4's and some caster wheels($22.26). Then a phone call and little(ok, alot) of help from my craftsman friend. This is what we came up with...........please let me know wht you think

reloaders4you
05-24-2009, 02:43 AM
More photos

shotman
05-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Glad you have a place to store them, the partical board will not stand any heavy use. Base is too narrow to put any pressure on

reloaders4you
05-24-2009, 10:34 AM
This is just a secondary bench. Used for neck sizing, decapping or bullet sizing. NO heavy FL sizing would be done on this. Thats why I have the other benches with the heavier presses on them.

mooman76
05-24-2009, 10:46 AM
I thought of that too at first. Then I saw where you doubled the wood. I busted the corner of my bench off doing heavy work. Good job!

HeavyMetal
05-24-2009, 12:04 PM
For light duty work this will be fine.

Nice touch with the accro bin next to the lee press, However being bolted on may prove to be an annoyance in the future. A steel strip with notch's cut to allow the accro lips to fit over may be a better idea.

This way the bins won't get knocked off when the bench is moved around and the bin can be removed to pour boolits or case's out of when full.

Hardcast416taylor
05-24-2009, 12:17 PM
A lesson I learned about putting casters under any type of table is make sure at least 2 of them are lockable! I chased my small work table I have in my barn all over when trying to work on it before I removed 2 of them and put on 2 that were lockable. A good looking table and press layout though. .:???: Robert

reloaders4you
05-24-2009, 12:21 PM
A lesson I learned about putting casters under any type of table is make sure at least 2 of them are lockable! I chased my small work table I have in my barn all over when trying to work on it before I removed 2 of them and put on 2 that were lockable. A good looking table and press layout though. .:???: Robert

The front two casters are lockable. I had the same thoughts as well....... but the bench was chasing me around the room!!

legend
05-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Nice job!