PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs green machine

TAWILDCATT
05-22-2009, 09:07 AM
any one got a green machine??? I modified mine with a Lee auto disk measure and a lee riser,no more powder dumps when there is no case under the measure.that way you can run the press empty with out a clean up mess.:coffee:

BBA
05-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Did the same here, but the powder still gets shook out of the case moving to the next station.

HeavyMetal
05-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Had a buddy with one, it works best with the target load of 2.6 gr bullseye. Thats, of course, if you have the 38 / 357 set up.

We found the same problem with powder "movement" particularly with 357 magnum loads. Last I heard he set it up for the 38 target load and never changed it.

Set up like this it's run for several yrs without any issue. Magnum load are done on a Dillon.

legend
05-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I bought one when they first came out,very expensive i remember.
i never got it to work properly,sent it back to factory,they returned it to me and said i "over lubricated it"
it still would not work from the factory!
i sold it!
what a piece of junk!

i am glad some had better machines than mine,as,i loved the idea of straight line loading.

my 2cents

leigh

hammerhead357
05-25-2009, 08:52 PM
I bought one when they first came out and liked it but I didn't like the priming set up so I had all of my powder rotors turned of and used a primer tube from a Hornady projector. This worked very well. I lost the loader in a divorce settlement. If I had kept it I would have probably gone to a different powder dispensing system. I didn't have much trouble with mine, but I like to tinker with things so I got along with it pretty well......Wes