PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Classic 45 Colt...

j23
05-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Ok, I have read nothing but good reviews for the Buffalo Classic 45-70 [another story with the 38-55...] but have read almost NOTHING about the 45 colt carbine version. Googling it only provides you with listings for it's sale.

Anyone have one? ...any information on one? I am thinking of picking one up, because you know, primers and powder are so easy to get and cheap, :violin: that I need another mouth to feed. ;)

Roper1952
05-27-2009, 09:26 PM
I bought a 45 carbine a few weeks ago. Overall, a well made gun for the money. My only issue with it so far is getting the sights dialed in. It shot quite high to begin with. I dropped the rear down as far as it would go and dropped the insert in the buckhorn (it's adjustable, one screw) and it's getting better.

It functions fine, has very litte recoil, so far. I plan to stoke some of my warmer loads (325gr LTC, a touch of H-110) in it and see if I can keep the flames down that shoot out of my NM Blackhawk...:roll:

The wood on it it OK, not great, but well fitted and checkered.

For the price it's plenty of fun...!

bishopgrandpa
05-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I took mine out to try it and thought it would be fun. It was. But not enough time to play with them all so a few weeks ago put it up for sale on the GBO site. Over 700 hits, some comments, but not one "I'll take it". Was not priced to high so I'm not sure there is that big of an interest generally except for curiousity.