PDA

View Full Version : Is the RCBS Piggyback 2 worth a darn?

RonF
05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm considering looking for a PB2 to give my dad and get him into the progressive age. He already has a Rockchucker, so I figure it would be the simplest solution. I've seen some good reviews of them here, but is there anything I would need to look out for? Are there any additional caveats?

Thanks,
Ron

dragonrider
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I have one and think it's just fine. Very smooth acting. Powderr measure is accurate and repeatable.

looseprojectile
05-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Dillon and Hornady progressive presses Dillon is good and expensive.
Check out the Lee Classic Turret press. For about a hundred and a half he will be into all the progressive press he will ever need. A well set up Lee turret press is a joy to load with. I also have a Rockchucker and use it only when i need a single function such as forming brass to a different caliber. [45 70 to 40 65]. Sometimes use the RCBS press for ten or twenty rounds of hunting ammo.
Several friends have the Lee Turret and are sold on them.
I wouldn't reccomend the Pro 1000 by Lee though, too much outside the box thinking went into that one.

Life is good

TAWILDCATT
05-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I second the Lee clasic cast turret.$98.72 from midsouthshooters.if you can get it every one is back ordered for every thing.or the deluxe turret kit with every thing for $111.23.press powder measure/scale ect,minus dies. :coffeecom [smilie=1:

Patrick L
05-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I've had a PiggyBack for about 18 yrs now. I really like it. It does everything it is supposed to. I like the fact that it has 5 stations and auto indexing. The fact that your dad already has a RC makes it a nobrainer.