PDA

View Full Version : new gun

odis
05-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi all, I've pretty much just been lurking here for some time. A little back ground on me. All through the seventies and the eightys reloading for and shooting pistols was pretty much my meat and potatoes. During the nineties after moving from a rural local where I could walk out my back door and fire off as many rounds as I wanted we moved into town. to give you an idea how much I've been out of the loop what the hell happend to Colt!!! SW makes a 1911!!! Any ways I'm back in the game. After lurking here and other sited devoted to wheel guns and reloading I have decided to buy a BFR from the precision center in .45 colt. It will be pricey but after reading all the posts on the spotty quality of both Ruger and Smith I think its the way to go. 61/2 in. barrel 11 deg. crown .02 cylinder gap 2 to 3 lb. trigger pull should bring years of pleasure shooting LBT slugs out of it. I'm in the process of getting my square deal up and running ( I paid $125.00 for it brand new) and reloading for my Redhawk .44 Blackhawk .45 and the wifes Trooper .357. This site has been a great source of info and am looking forward to being able to contribute contructively in the future. odis

Dale53
05-16-2009, 08:33 PM
odis;
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have made some decent choices. I have had relatively good luck with Rugers, so I can't really complain. I hear VERY good things about the BFR's so you should do well.

We'll enjoy hearing about your progress with your new revolver.

Dale53

jh45gun
05-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Welcome!!!

dhoutfit
05-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Welcome Otis, I'm new to site and think it's a world win of info. About Smith Handguns, Iown many and won't trade them or sell them. They are from older models to new models and they are solid for plinking or putting magnum loads, which mine get a steady diet of. Have had no problems with Smith and thier triggers arn't bad right from factory.

44man
05-17-2009, 01:49 PM
My BFR's are the most consistently accurate revolvers I have ever owned. If I ever buy another gun it will only be a BFR.

odis
05-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Well I did it today. I mailed off the deposit and the FFL from the local shop to the precision center. I can't believe that I'm the first one to order the gun in .45 colt. After my gun they will have the reamers on hand so if anyone is interested .45 colt won't be custom and you'll save 300 bucks. Lifes an adventure I can hardly wait. odis