PDA

View Full Version : Case activated powder linkages and a Redding powder dispenser

RonF
05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Can anyone tell me if the RCBS or Hornady case activated linkages work with the Redding powder dispenser? Based on the pictures I've seen, each looks like it would work, but I would probably need to fabricate a handle for the dispenser to make it all work.

Also, neither RCBS, Dillon, nor Hornady appear to make a powder funnel that both expands the neck and charges the case for a .30 caliber rifle cartridge. Is there anyone that does make such a funnel, or is that something I'd need to have made at a local machine shop?

Thanks,
Ron

garandsrus
05-16-2009, 04:23 PM
RonF,

Dillon has a .30 Caliber powder funnel that bells the case and dispenses powder. It is made for the .30 Carbine. The only problem with using it for 30-06 length cases is that it is almost too long. The powder die will be barely screwed in, from what I remember. I don't think it would be a problem for 30-30 or .308.

John

oneokie
05-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Check out Lee dies. 30 Carbine, 30 Luger, 30 Mauser, 7.62 Tokarev, 7.62 Nagant, for a powder through expander die.

RonF
05-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Can anyone verify whether or not a Dillon powder funnel will fit into a Hornady or RCBS case activated powder die? If it does fit, it seems like it would be a simple thing to have a machine shop cut down a Dillon .30 carbine funnel and turn out a suitable drop tube for a Redding measure (since Redding uses a press-in powder drop instead of a screw-in type).

Thanks,
Ron

ept000
06-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Check out www.lnlptx.com Great product. Works like a champ.

RonF
06-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Wow, that looks just about perfect! Then all I would need to do is have someone with a lathe make either a drop tube of appropriate length to fit into the Redding measure (which uses an a drop tube that is held in by friction instead of threads) or a bushing to thread onto the Hornady drop tube and fit into the Redding measure.

Thanks!

ept000
06-04-2009, 05:32 PM
By the way, I have no connection with LNLPTX. I just use their product and I'm a firm believer in passing the word on when something works right.

dromia
06-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Regarding the case activated linkage, I'd email or ring RCBS and Hornady and see what they say.

Nater
11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
The Redding powder measures aren't compatible with any case activated kits, I did see some make a lever set up that worked, I tried a bunch of times could never get it to work right on my pro2000. A freind of mine told me about Ragland Defence Engineering, they are almost imposible to find. I emaild them told them my problem, they said they woudn't make me a kit because it would be too expensive for me? but they said they can make what i have work? I sent them a picture of what I was trying to do, they had me send just the factory rcbs throw arm, drop tube and redding powder measure they sent it back. POW it works great, they even noticed a strong mount in the back ground that i couldn't get to work and sent me a home depot list and how to make it work, they only charged me 50 bucks for every thing for my having suck a hard time trying to figure it out.