PDA

View Full Version : K - 31

robertbank
05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Well the weather here has improved somewhat - 65 Degrees and sunny so I took my K 31 out today. Was I ever pleased. The gun is a shooter. 16 gr. of 2400 under 311291 Cast from WW. Felix Lube Range 75 yards

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/robertbank/DSC00019.jpg

I also took my #5 Rifle out. The gun shot like a shotgun with 314299 over 18.5 gr of 4227 at 50 yards. Very disappointed. I will clean the barrel out tonite and switch to 16 gr of 2400 using the same bullet. Bullets are sized 314. I haven't slugged the bore yet but will. I am also going to try some FMJ through it to see if it likes the jacketed variety better.

My eyes aren't what they used to be or ever were which makes the K 31 results even more pleasing. I have one target with two bullet holes in it that overlap. Quit that target when I looked through my spotting scope.:mrgreen:

Take Care

Bob
ps the hole at the bottom of the target is a staple tear

legend
05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
nice group bob,

i too know what you mean about old eyes,its not fun now that i have the time,
the eyes go to pot.

im looking for someone to blame....I KNOW....OBAMA! since everything else is his fault.

i cant make mine shoot that good yet.

Gun Junkie
05-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Good group Bob,

I'm looking forward to doing some testing with my K31. Hope it turns out as well as yours. Yes you do have a shooter there.

As for old eyes, I'm currently trying out the lyman eye glasses apeture to see if it will work on rifle iron sights. Heaven knows I need something to improve these eyes of mine. It appears to help some if I can figure a way to get it to stay on my glasses in the right spot.

Congrats!

leadman
05-15-2009, 11:56 PM
I've a eyeglass aperature made locally but can't remember the name. It does work. I've seen guys use a piece of cardboard with a hole in it taped to their glasses.

chuebner
05-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Same problem here with the old eyeballs. I use a Merit adjustable optical device for pistol shooting and for the K31 and my Mosins with the original sights. Works like a champ.

charlie