PDA

View Full Version : .475 Linebaugh Dies

alamogunr
05-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I posted this on another forum but have had no replies so far. I purchased a .475 Linebaugh that came with an old set of RCBS special order dies with a steel sizer. I don't really mind lubing the cases but a carbide sizer would be much easier. Thought about just ordering a RCBS carbide sizer but I like Hornady dies. The price difference between a sizer only and the full Hornady set is significant. What would you do?

John
W.TN

stubshaft
05-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Lube the cases. I have a couple of carbide sizer dies for straightwall cartridges. Other than a little lube on the cases I don't find much difference. I use Imperial Wax and lube the cases when I pick them up to put in the press. Save the money and buy another mold.

dubber123
05-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I got the Hornady dies for my .475, and they are perfection! When my brother got his, I strongly recommended he get the same. His sized so loose, no crimp in the world would hold a boolit under recoil, even when the expander die was skipped. He ended up getting another sizer. I'd be inclined to stick with your proven sizer.

recycledelectrons
05-19-2009, 02:12 AM
I've found I like one sizer, a different brand of bullet seater, etc. So I recommend you buy the complete set, and try out each die.

Andy

Lloyd Smale
05-19-2009, 07:44 AM
only problem with the hornady dies is i broke the seating plug regularly. I went with a set of lees and wouldnt go back.