PDA

View Full Version : broke the .323170 ranch dog mold in today!!!

mainiac
05-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I feel compelled to post a thread about this mold i bought from ranchdog. Got it in the mail friday,and started casting with it today. I dont know if its the design or i just got real lucky,but this mold is the easiest casting mold i have ever owned! Cast real pretty boolits,and every time i open it the boolits would sit on the right hand block, and with a light tap on the hinge bolt,or just a slight rattle, the boolits would fall out easy as eating apple pie!!!!! They miked .323 almost exact,and weigh 176.5 grs. naked. I already know that this boolit will shoot real well, so all you 32 special owners ought to get one of these molds,while the getting is good!

Andy_P
05-10-2009, 08:09 PM
When I saw that he was shutting his doors I ordered one right away. Mine also arrived on Friday (but I haven't tried it yet) - hope it's like yours!

jdgabbard
05-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I recently received one of his, a 359CTL-190-RN. You're right, these molds cast beautiful boolits. I think alot of it has to do with the heavy for caliber molds taking a bit more lead, and thus heat. Which always makes for sharp corners and nice boolits.