PDA

View Full Version : Im overwelmed guys

Lloyd Smale
05-10-2009, 11:35 AM
All the pm offers of brass and equiptment has blown me away. You may think its a little gay but i had a tear in my eye when i answered some of them! You are dammed good people and guys im proud to consider friends. Where else in the world would you consider some of your best freinds guys you have never met and probably never will. If ANYONE needs anything i have its yours for the asking. Right now i have little to offer but ill get back on my feet soon. Tough this morning. I get up every morning and spend a couple hours out in the barn casting or loading. Looked out the window and all i saw were some chared posts! enough to tighten your gut. I waded through the mess and recovered most of my star sizing dies and some shell plates for the 550 but thats about it.

MtGun44
05-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Lloyd,

Can you locate your iron molds? I think they should have survived, if you can catch them before
they rust. Let me know what you need to get at least a basic capability back and I'll
see what I can spare. I think I can come up with at least 500 primers. I've got some extra
.38 Spl and 9mm brass , can let you have a few hundred. This isn't a lot, but it can get you
back shooting until you can get back on your feet.

Chin up, you are OK and while the money part is really hard, esp these times, you CAN
get more money, you CAN'T get a new arm or leg or lungs - which you might have lost had
you been there.

I can't tell you how many times I have come home after a couple of weeks traveling and
wondered as I turned onto my street if there would be my house or a smoking hole. Fire
is so destructive, and I have a friend that lost his home about 10 yrs ago, so fire started being
something I have been a bit concerned about.

Bill

NSP64
05-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey, hang in there it will get better. Lets start buy listing the calibers you load so we can get some brass rounded up and headed your way.:drinks:

The best therapy is action.

Recluse
05-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey, hang in there it will get better. Lets start buy listing the calibers you load so we can get some brass rounded up and headed your way.:drinks:

The best therapy is action.

That's for sure. And if say 25 members send just 50 pieces of brass, there's over 1200 pieces of brass for just one caliber alone. I certainly have 50 pieces of brass in a number of calibers I can send.

Just give the word, Lloyd, and your postman will start working on his hernia. :)

:coffee:

dhoutfit
05-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Let me know when you need them,I can send you out a 1k cci smr, 1k win lp, 1k cci lr . Just send me a PM and I will have them in the mail. the hell with hazmat and there regs. you getting reloading equipment is more important. Things will look better in time.

sleeper1428
05-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Lloyd,

I can offer you the following:

9mm - 100+ cases
38 Spl - 50 cases
357 Mag - 100 cases
44 Mag - 100 cases
45 ACP - 100 cases

30-06 - 50 cases

After I check over my supply, I may be able to offer you more. I could also offer you 500 large pistol primers plus a couple of hundred small pistol primers but I'm not sure as to the legality of mailing primers - you know, the HazMat problem.

If these will help you to get 'back on your feet', so to speak, just PM me with your mailing address and I'll get them off to you.

sleeper1428

Springfield
05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't know what kind of casting pot you had, but if you can live with a LEE 20lber, I have an extra you can have. And if you need brass in 9mm, 38 sp., 40 S&W, 45 Colt, 44-40, .303 british, 6.5 Swede, 45-70, 32 ACP, 357 SIG, 45 ACP, 38 S&W or 380, just give me a shout. Also some Bullplate Sprue lube, if you use it. Oh, and a Redding scale, the nice cast steel version. I've never lost anything to a fire but I HAVE been burgled before, and lost some .303 Enfields, back when I didn't have a gun safe. It's a funny feeling, one minute you have something, the next you don't and you can't do squat about it. But things can be replaced, eventually. And now you can set up the reloading area RIGHT! Starting from scratch can be a blessing, in a way. mark@whyteleatherworks.com

Springfield
05-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I do believe, as long as you pay the 22.50 Haz-mat fee and ship ORM-D with UPS, shipping primers is OK. You can certainly ship ammo that way. It keeps it off the airplanes and makes it go by truck.

leadman
05-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I have quite a few different calibers of brass in good supply, even some odd stuff I don't shot. A list would be good of what you need to start casting and shooting again.
I will be traveling by pick-up from Arizona to Michigan the first part of August so if there is something that is too be or whatever to ship maybe I could pick it up and bring it to Mich.

KY_Camper
05-10-2009, 03:31 PM
PM sent.

Glad you and yours are OK. The rest are just things and with help from your friends can be replaced. As has been said, it ain't charity. It's just friends helping friends. Hang in there.

6.5 mike
05-10-2009, 04:43 PM
I can send you 223's,308's & 45acp. It's miltary, thanks to the navy, but you're welcome to it.
Sorry I can't help with primers. I'm in about as bad a shape as you.
I've got an extra set of rcbs 308 dies if you need them.
I go back to work on wensday, will get the brass togetter tomorrow & check your post for a how to get it headed your way.

Bob Krack
05-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Lloyd,
I don't want to add to the load - I know it's uncomfortable to accept what you MIGHT think is charity but I've seen you do the same thing. We are here too. I got a little .308 brass and some "junk" assortment of 9mm - 10mm - .40? - .45ACP and a little of this and a little of that, how about a little beeswax?. I think I might still have your address, but you might as well PM it to me again.

We ARE here.

Bob

No_1
05-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Lloyd,

Like everyone else, I have stuff I can spare such as lube, beeswax. brass, gaschecks, ect.

Post your needs so when can chime in on what we are sending that way others don't send duplicates.

Robert

Ps: I don't want anything for what I will send. It all comes out in the wash my brother.

largom
05-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Lloyd, If you don't soon give me your mailing address so I can send you some brass I am going to start a rumor that you voted for OBAMA.:kidding:

Thumbcocker
05-10-2009, 05:50 PM
A post of what you ned would be helpful. Also, like someone else said, I bet Dillon will febuild or replace the presses. I think I read about them replacing a press lost in a house fire before.

We all have odds and ends stashed about that might be of use to you.

p.s. No way I'm gonna call you gay; the word is your a darn good shot!

Trey45
05-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I have some 308 brass you can have, and some 10mm, it's not much but it's about all I can spare.

1Shirt
05-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Post your needs for brass. Will send whatever I can put together for you.
1Shirt!:coffee:

The Double D
05-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Lloyd,

Didn't you send me stuff a whilke back? I think I owe you.

Post a list.

txpete
05-10-2009, 07:09 PM
its hard to mail a box w/o a address :-D.
pete

Echo
05-10-2009, 07:47 PM
C'mon, Lloyd - you're family! I think I have some duplicate Lyman/Rcbs Size dies. We need an address...

Ed

runfiverun
05-10-2009, 08:07 PM
c'mon Lloyd i know you need at least some 223 stuff.
throw up an address.

hoosierlogger
05-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I also have some 357 Mag and some .40 cases and I have no 357 or .40. there is prolly about 100 or 150 of the .40 and 50 or so .357 Send me a PM if you want em. and Ill throw them your way.

Lloyd Smale
05-10-2009, 09:22 PM
thanks for the generous offer pal but at this time i dont have a 357 or a 40.
I also have some 357 Mag and some .40 cases and I have no 357 or .40. there is prolly about 100 or 150 of the .40 and 50 or so .357 Send me a PM if you want em. and Ill throw them your way.

Bigjohn
05-11-2009, 02:49 AM
G'day, you folks screaming for an address, should check the bottom of Lloyd's first post in his thread "OK Guys, Here's the Deal."

Its there at the bottom.

John

armyrat1970
05-11-2009, 06:00 AM
G'day, you folks screaming for an address, should check the bottom of Lloyd's first post in his thread "OK Guys, Here's the Deal."

Its there at the bottom.

John

Okay but where is the first post for this thread? I don't see anything with that. I have some cases that I don't use I will ship to him but I would like to know what he uses and where to ship them. I have a number of rifle and pistol cases that I will ship if knowing what he shoots and handloads for. Getting in late on this but I don't see a post with his address or list of calibers.

armyrat1970
05-11-2009, 06:25 AM

Its there at the bottom.

John

Ahh my bad. I found it. Gonna get some stuff out to him. Hang in there Lloyd. You got friends that will help. I have a number of cases you load for and they will be on the way. Some are not in large quantity but they will keep you on your feet for some time. Keep your chin up my "Bro". All is not lost. You and your wife are at least still with each other.

Blammer
05-11-2009, 08:01 AM
sorry to hear about the tradgedy!

Look to the bright side, the lead is still probably salvagable.. :)

hicard
05-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Lloyd, I have a couple thousand 9mm cases I would be happy to send you if you have need for them. Sorry for your tragedy and would be glad to help out.

whisler
05-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Lloyd: I have bunches of 44 mag. and don't even own one now. Was thinking of trimming to 44 spec, but would rather send some of them your way. PM me if they would help.