PDA

View Full Version : not a good day guys!

Lloyd Smale
05-09-2009, 06:28 PM
did some casting today and when i was done i set some ingots in the pot to melt and went to town and came back a hour later and my pole barn was burned to the ground. All my reloading gear casting gear brass bullets (probably close to a million cast bullets) powder primers everything. Not feeling to swift right now. My own fault and probably alot of the blame goes to my terrible housekeeping but the wife and i quit figureing at 30000 bucks and that isnt even figureing what the ammo would cost to buy it at the store, thats what it cost me loading it. You have no clue how much time there was invested let alone money! The loss sucks but the worse part is alot of that stuff you just cant replace right now. Like primers! Looks like Lloyd isnt doing much shooting this summer!

Johnch
05-09-2009, 06:39 PM
OUCH !!

That is one of my greastest fears

Sorry to here , just glad you are ok

John

RayinNH
05-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Lloyd, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Not only is the monetary loss a trajedy but also the time invested in all that you lost. I'd be willing to bet if you post the calibers that you shoot you'd find yourself getting donations from the members here...Ray

Lloyd Smale
05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Ray it would be easier for me to post the calibers i dont load. the tough ones are the linebaughs the beowulf and others like that that are hard to find or very expensive. 6 dillon presses and probably 15000 rounds of loaded 223s 5000 308s 5000 762x39 and conservitively 20000 rounds of 45acp along with bucket fulls of other ammo. The metal in the barn is on the ground but it is just covered with holes. By the time the fire dept showed up it was allready to late and i came about the same time and told them to just let it burn and stand back. there was cooked off ammo all over the yard.

mike in co
05-09-2009, 06:58 PM
ok , lets look at the bright side, you like to cast and there is a lot of lead there at the base of the barn, may not be the cleanest alloy ever cast, but its not likely it went anywhere.
really sorry to hear.
dare i ask, insurance ??
mike in co

Leadforbrains
05-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Man Loyd thats one of the worst things that I live in fear of.
I am truly sorry for you.

arcticbreeze
05-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Do you know what actually caused the fire? I mean was it the lead pot that faulted or the circuit it was plugged into? I guess it is probably hard to tell at this point. :cry::cry:

Marc

Gussy
05-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear it. I don't know if anything that goes through a fire like that is still useable when it's cleaned up. Probably what lead you can find, but I'm not sure about the heavy stuff like loading press's. If you find a lead tester, send it back and I'll fix it and return it (I know it can be fixed!!). Can brass be rehardened and used??

GLL
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Lloyd:

Terrible loss !

I have several "new in box" duplicates of some of the old LEE 6-cavity Group Buys that I know you were in on ! Once you start setting up again they are yours !

Jerry

lunicy
05-09-2009, 07:24 PM
:(

Sorry dude.

Don't forget to tell the insurance company about the Stratavarious and piccasos you keep by the reloading bench

The dillons may be salvagable. Replace some plastic parts.
The lead is still there.

94Doug
05-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Sorry for your loss, Lloyd. I hope we all can come to your rescue in some way!!

Doug

TDC
05-09-2009, 07:27 PM
WOW!! I'm a "newbie" here but I see your name everywhere there's a new mould being discussed or proposed. You must have had just about every boolit mould known to man and the loss of a collection like that must be devastating...

We've gotta keep guys like you "in the loop" and I join in with others in saying anything you need to keep you shooting this summer requires that you just tell us what we can do.

Maybe you can't get back the labor you've put into all those loaded rounds, but much of what you lost could be replaceable with time and I'll bet you'd have a lot of help from this board....

You have our prayers and best wishes..... I'm so glad neither you or your wife were injured....

badgeredd
05-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Lloyd,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. That really sucks wind. Were your molds iron by chance? Seems like they may be salvagable if they didn't get cooled too fast by water. Obviously you probably don't care to talk about it right now, but let us know if we can help you get back in business.

Edd

Firebricker
05-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Lloyd, Sorry to hear that devastated probably does'nt cover how your feeling. All I can say is hang in there and I'll be prayin for ya. FB

mtnman31
05-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. What a gut wrenching loss. I don't know much about it, but how would insurance handle this? Assuming you have some sort of insurance for the property. I also assume that your weapons were not in the workshop? I typically only have weapons in garage when I am doing some sort of work on them.

I know how how bad it is losing something you are passionate about. A few years ago I came home from work to find my motorcycle had been stolen. I remember turning the corner and seeing the bike gone - my heart skipped a beat and I just felt hollow inside. The feeling of helplessness and knowing that the bike would never be recovered really made me mad. I had put so much work and time into that bike just to have some scumbag steal it. It was most likely parted out or shipped overseas as it was never recovered. Nonetheless, I feel your pain. No worries, you'll be back on your feet before long.

C A Plater
05-09-2009, 07:46 PM
My deepest sympathies. I can not imagine how it feels to loose it all and I know words are poor comfort in these times but better days will come.

Wayne Smith
05-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Lloyd, how much will your insurance cover? Especially if no specific cause is found? Yeah, the lead may be recoverable, melt it and all the junk floats. That's little comfort given the amount of shooting you have been doing and the help you have consistently offered us here. My prayers are with you.

waksupi
05-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Bummer, Lloyd. Sorry to hear that.

Chunky Monkey
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Lloyd that really sucks. Glad no one was hurt but I can't imagine how you feel cause I have the empty hole in the stomach just thinking about it. Now I know why my wife is always griping at me to make sure I turned of all of my casting stuff when I come out of the basement.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of items and help from folks on this forum. Would the steel/iron dies be salvagable?

Take care and let us know what we can do!

jnovotny
05-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Man I'm at a loss for words, just glad you are aright. Sorry for your misfortune. John

Trey45
05-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Lloyd I'm very sorry to hear what happened. Don't be discouraged, you can start over!

HeavyMetal
05-09-2009, 08:34 PM
My kids don't understand why I go through the house every time I go to work or to the store to make sure absolutely nothing is left on.

Some of the stuff you had in there is, I'm sure, impossible to replace.

Dillon should take care of his press's any steel molds are probably still good but you need to get to them pronto to prevent rust!

The aluminum ones melted I'm sure unless by some odd chance they were tuck'd away where they didn't exceed the melt point. All you can do now is see what you can salvage.

Not sure any insurance company would replace this stuff unless it was specifically covered. Pretty much just like guns, a standard home owners policy will not cover firearms they need a seperate policy notation.

I was involved in a house fire back in 69" and lost everything but the cloth's I had on! So I do have first hand experience of what you feel.

If you had some "wierd" reloading gear we might be able to donate?

Post a list of the un replaceable stuff. If I have an extra it's yours!

mooman76
05-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm very sorry too! Hopefully you can salvage some of it. Dig through soon as you can and soak them dies and other steel parts in oil before they rust too bad and maybe you can clean them up some. I know that isn't much but maybe something.

Maven
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Lloyd, I just saw this and am very sorry for you. Luckily neither you nor your wife was injured and that's a good thing. You'll be in my thoughts.

6.5 mike
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Lloyd, as has already been said good thing no one was hurt. When your'e ready post your list. If anything that's on it I have extra, it's yours.

Ranch Dog
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Lloyd, I'm really sorry to hear this report. Unbelievable and I'm sure our worst fear for each of us!

454PB
05-09-2009, 09:37 PM
My condolences to you, Lloyd.

After the shock wears off, hopefully you can root around and find what is salvagable.

At the very least, your steel moulds should be OK.

schutzen
05-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I feel your pain, our home burned in 1998 and we are still have sad feelings about it. If you want to chat about it or need advise about dealing with the insurance company, PM me.

What do you shoot the most of .38/357 158gr semi-wad cutter or .44 240gr semi-wad cutter?

Recluse
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Lloyd,

I'll bet Dillon will fix/repair your presses--it would be a GREAT ad/public relations opportunity for their "No BS Warranty" and if you agreed to a testimonial or something similar, I'd bet they'll jump all over it. If you need help setting that up or communicating with Dillon, let me know. I'll help.

A month ago, I bought some 44 Magnum brass from Fish N Russ. I still haven't heard from the guy (which I understand is fairly typical), but if he comes through and you want/need the brass, let me know and it's yours.

Make a list of what you're out of--I know, it's long and easier to list what you DIDN'T have. We already know about primers--those are the hard ones to replace, but I'll throw in a hundred or two.

Maybe we can get small donations in various geographic locales, split up the hazmat costs, and at least get you shooting a little bit.

Hang in there.

:coffee:

Heavy lead
05-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Very sorry to here Lloyd. If I remember correctly you bought one of MiHec's original group buy 200 grain hollow point 45 caliber, I bought an extra one. It's yours, just PM me your address when you want it. Also if you know someone down here in troll land that's coming up your way or if you will be here in So. Michigan I'll donate 1000 large pistol primers as well. I got lucky last week and found 5000 at Natchez. I know how hard they are to come by right now.
Glad no one was hurt.
Steve C.

MtGun44
05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Lloyd,

Well, this is really sad to hear. I am glad you are safe, ultimately things can be replaced, but
not people.

I hope you have some insurance. Try to get to your iron molds as quickly as you can, they
should be salvagable but will rust like the dickens. Beyond that I am at a loss for words.

Bill

45nut
05-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Dang,, that would not be easy to deal with. my condolences added to the rest here.

monadnock#5
05-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss Lloyd. Let us know if we can help.

MT Gianni
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I am sorry for your loss and glad that you and your wife are safe. Gianni.

Frank46
05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Lioyd, have a bag of new federal 45 acp brass about 500, send me your address and they are yours. Frank

largom
05-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Lloyd, I can't say anything that has not already been said by others. Just remember this. At Cast Boolits we are all FAMILY. When you are ready just say what you need and let the family help. Insurance can take a while to collect, building a new pole barn will take even longer.
Don't be bashful, let the family know what we can do to help.
Larry

azrednek
05-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Loyd I had a similar mis-hap. It was an up hill battle with the insurance co because I couldn't convince them I wasn't reloading as a business. Most homeowner's type fire polices exclude anything related to operating a business. If the insurance wont settle fairly consider hiring a public agent. Glad I did, they inventoried EVERYTHING. Pencils, paper clips, underwear etc, everything I owned in the house was counted and the apx replacement cost estimated. The public agent works on a commission. If you have replacement value coverage you definitely want to consider it. The agent got me the policy limits, a substantially higher amount the insurance co was offering. BEWARE of restoration companies, they are all rip-offs and run the bill up cleaning and fixing things that should be replaced. I've been there and did that twice, until your head is clear do not sign any contracts. The insurance adjuster's job is to settle for the least amount as possible. Laugh out loud at his/her's first offer and tell them no way. Don't let the insurance co fool you into believing you have to use their contractor for the rebuild or do you have to accept as payment what their contractor claims he can do it for. If it hasn' t started already expect a bunch of do-gooders at your door offering to handle everything for you. If you need advice I'll PM my phone number. If you don't follow any of my advice at least don't sign any contracts, especially those contractors and restoration co's sent to you by your insurance co. Settling everything and rebuilding will take some time, be patient and don't sign anything until you're fully prepared.

woody1
05-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Lloyd, I just ran across this. Let me add my condolences to the others. This really sucks. I prob'ly don't have any of the far out stuff you might need but post your needs, who knows? Regards, Woody

Down South
05-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Lloyd, I just logged in since yesterday. I am very sorry to hear about your losses. I know that you lost years of items that you have collected much less all of the ammo and reloading and casting components. It’s gonna be hard starting over from scratch. Like you said components are hard to come by right now plus expensive. I’m glad that you and your family didn’t get hurt and I really hope insurance can somehow offset your losses.

NSP64
05-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Lloyd, I am sorry.Glad no one was hurt. Everything else can be replaced. Let us know if we can help.

leadman
05-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Loyd, sorry to hear about your loss. I know you are devastated, but glad there were no injuries and it was not your house along with your barn.

44man
05-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I just read Lloyd's E mail and was stunned. This is just too much to take in for me. What a terrible loss. Thank God no one was hurt and the fire didn't spread to the house.

dubber123
05-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Lloyd, so sorry to hear that. If I have anything you need, let me know.

madcaster
05-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Lloyd,
I had sent you a care package a couple years back,moulds,beeswax and stuff.I do not have any more of these things to send now,I wish I did!
I am glad that it was not your home and that nobody was hurt.
Jeff

Dale53
05-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Lloyd;
You have our condolences. When you get a bit of time, let us all know how we can help.

Notify your insurance carrier and move as soon as possible to catalog your losses. Save photos of your equipment, and stock, for the insurance claims adjuster. All bills for supplies and tools, document as well as you can.

Dale53

UweJ
05-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Hello Lloyd
Sorry ,about your loss.But I´m glad no one was injured.I hope that you can salvage some of your equipment. Best wishes,
Uwe

Just Duke
05-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Lloyd I am so sorry for you. This comes from Barbie also. Give me a jingle and I will contact my vendors and explain and we will hook you up. PM sent with my phone number. Call day or night as I never sleep.
Duke and Barb.

dromia
05-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Oh Llyod thats awful you must be heartbroken, my thoughts are with you mate.

Still you are alive and no one was hurt.

Just Duke
05-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Still you are alive and no one was hurt.

Yes you are alive to still go shooting another day Lloyd.

Lloyd Smale
05-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Its a total loss. It wont do much good to send stuff as i wont have a place to even load for months. Ive got insurance but it wont cover replacing the barn with one the same size and the contents insurance wont pay for a 1/3 of what was in there. You would have had to see it before the fire to understand. There was probably a million cast bullets sized and lubed in there that are gone! I was never one for charity and sure arent going to change now. If someone was dead or i didnt have a place to live that would be one thing but this is only reloading stuff and it can be replaced. The only favor i can ask is if you run accross any primers,.223,308 or 45acp brass at a reasonable price shoot me an email and ill send you the money for it. Id at least like to find some primers so when i get up and going i can at least get some ammo loaded. I kept enough powder in the house to get up and going on a small scale anyway and most of my molds were in the house but to get back to where i was before probably wont happen in my lifetime. I was about sick at first with this deal but something opened my eyes. A good friend that has been bed ridden with pain for a broken neck drug himself out of bed and made the trip down to confort me. Looking at him standing there in pain made me really understand how small of a deal this really is!! Id gladly put a fire to everything i own to see him feeling better!

jawjaboy
05-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear this Lloyd. I got a FRB of lead for you anytime you say the word. Primers are a lil scarce right now. Lemme know on the lead, anytime.

largom
05-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Lloyd, PM sent.

DLCTEX
05-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Lloyd, so sorry to hear of the fire. I went through a similar thing 19 years ago. Hundreds of rounds of loaded ammo and all my reloading equipment and tools. It's a real bummer and makes me realize I need to check my insurance on my reloading stuff. DALE

rmb721
05-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Lloyd, I am very sorry to hear this. You must feel like someone hit you in the stomach with a baseball bat.

txpete
05-10-2009, 08:44 AM
reading this has really bummed me out to hear this. that said it warms the heart to see the guys here to reach out to you.
I have been thinning stuff out over the last couple of years but I'll dig through my foot lockers and check for some brass for you.
its not charity its just helping out a friend.
hang in there.

pete

1Shirt
05-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear Lloyd, but at least you and the other half are above ground. Will be hard to start over for sure, but ya gotta give it a try for sure!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Bret4207
05-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Lloyd , my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I worry about this type of thing all the time being a good 20 minutes response time from the fire house. I've had a few close calls and it scared the heck out of me. I suppose you have the right attitude about your good friend with the broken neck, you're still alive and the rest is just stuff.

If you need a kick start I can spare a couple hundred primers and some 38 brass. Don't consider it charity 'cuz you'd do the same for any of us!

joey02g
05-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Lloyd,

Read this yesterday but was too numb to reply then. Sorry for your losses.

leadeye
05-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Makes me sick just to think about it Lloyd, hope you get up and running again soon. Glad no one was hurt in the fire.

Steelbanger
05-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Really sorry for your loss Lloyd and glad that there were no injuries. I totally understand your feelings toward your friend and his health. Puts everything in perspective.

Good luck with the rebuild.

mike in co
05-10-2009, 10:57 AM
another thing to consider, when all is settled up, all that brass is still worth about a buck a pound a todays rate for bulk cartridge brass. it aint what it was but should get you some brass seed money.
and i agree talk to dillon, see what they say. if you do not like the first answer, ask again. thier sales manager(i believe) posted on one of the dillon threads.

same with any other manufacture...call then, tell them and see what they say.

mike in co

SWIAFB
05-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Lloyd, sorry to hear about the fire, been thinking what I could do to get you pouring the siver stream and up and reloading again. I work just off I35, four miles north of I80, in central Iowa. If I can help with logistics and cordination maybe we,Cast Boolits, can get a care package together and I could ship it or forward by someone heading that direction. I,ve got Win. SR primers and some misc. brass for the cause. I'm parts manager for a Toyota forklift dealer. Any questions please pm. SWIAFB

Geraldo
05-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I was about sick at first with this deal but something opened my eyes. A good friend that has been bed ridden with pain for a broken neck drug himself out of bed and made the trip down to confort me. Looking at him standing there in pain made me really understand how small of a deal this really is!! Id gladly put a fire to everything i own to see him feeling better!

I'm sorry about the fire and the loss, but the eye-opening is a good thing. I had a similar experience when we evacuated prior to a hurricane. I was thinking about all the stuff we had to leave behind and the possibility that we would own nothing more that a lot when we got back. I realized then what was really important to me and that none of it was in the house. In the end we had no problems, but I got my eyes opened as well.

I'll take a look at my brass supply and PM you. I have to try to remember his name, but there was a guy on here who had great prices on clean pistol brass.

Lloyd Smale
05-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I did shoot dillon an email today and asked if theyd give me a discount on a big order. I need at least a 550 a 650, tumblers, case trimmer and a pile of conversions.

blackthorn
05-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you and as others have offered if you need anything just say so. Also as others have pointed out, helping out would not be any kind of charity! All it would be is what you would do (and have done) for others. When you think about replacement, consider one of the pre-fabricated steel buildings. Some of them are quite reasonable in price and you can then insulate/sheet the inside to your own specs.

Hardcast416taylor
05-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Lloyd, My heartfelt sorrow for the loss. PM sent with 'An offer you can`t refuse"! Robert

madcaster
05-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I did shoot dillon an email today and asked if theyd give me a discount on a big order. I need at least a 550 a 650, tumblers, case trimmer and a pile of conversions.

Lloyd,
I wonder,would they actually replace your Dillons if you sent them the "remains' of what you have/
Jeff

JesterGrin_1
05-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I think if you sent them your presses they would rebuild them if they can and if not replace them. I have read many posts where they will not only stand behind there product but go to great lengths to help people out with there product.

And by doing this for you would speak volumes about them here on the forum and others. :)

swheeler
05-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Llyod; just found this, dang blame it, sorry to hear of your loss! Scot

SwedeNelson
05-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Llyod

Sorry Man!
I too just found out about your fire.

Good no one got hurt.

Swede Nelson

bart55
05-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Another heartfelt round of sympathy from me,you have always been a great source of info to me and when I read about the fire My heart sank. I guess it is the thought that it could happen to anyone.I will scour the area for extra stuff and see what i can come up with . Again my sincere condolances. mark C

Tom Herman
05-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Lloyd,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your attitude is a tribute to you: I'm glad you saw the silver lining in the clouds when your friend showed up.
Things can be replaced. Thank God no one was hurt or lost their lives.
I'm simply amazed at the outpouring of help here. Cast Bullets truly is a family!
My thoughts are with you as you rebuild and recover from this.

-Tom

GP100man
05-10-2009, 02:01 PM
i know it`s just stuff , but comfort & peace to you & yours!!

GP100man:castmine:

jar-wv
05-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Lloyd. Very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I probably have a couple hundred .223 brass I can send u. Also some 44 mag and 38 special. Just let me know where to send them.

My reloading setup is all in a small building seperate from the house, would hate to think about fire in that building. Thank God nobody was hurt and fire didn't spread to house or other buildings.

jar

dhoutfit
05-10-2009, 02:36 PM
This is my biggest fear FIRE!!! I'm glad to hear no one was hurt. I hope you put a list of reloading and casting product you need to get going again. I'll be glad to ship out primers to you. Being new to this site I really appreciate your knowledge and willing to help us all. Sorry for you lose!!!!

sleeper1428
05-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Lloyd,

Just now read about your recent disaster and you have my heartfelt sympathy. But as others have said, at least no one was hurt. 'Stuff' can be replaced, albeit at a higher cost, but at least you'll be around to do the rebuilding. Keep well and kudos on your outstanding attitude. Many would not be able to see the silver lining as you have.

sleeper1428

twotrees
05-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I just read this post and I'll dig through the loading room and see what I have, when I return, next weekend.

I have some stuff that can be shipped directly to you, but the other stuff, we'll find a way.

Hang in there, The Sun does come up again.

imashooter2
05-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Very sad news. I don't have anything to offer except my condolences.:(

gray wolf
05-10-2009, 03:35 PM
WOW--I am so sorry to hear about this --My heart goes out to you.
Build it again--bigger and better.

GW,

PatMarlin
05-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh lordy Lloyd. I just found this.

If there is anything I make that you need it's yours. It' ain't no charity either. Just one brother helping out another.

Pat ...:drinks:

Tom W.
05-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't know what to say except that I'm glad no one was hurt....I' sure the loss is affecting you, but you can re-supply....better than being injured

Kirk Miller
05-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Lloyd, I'm like you and will not accept charity. However, it takes a lot more grace to receive than to give, and helping out a friend in need is money in the bank. My philosophy on life is pretty simple. { what goes around comes around]

So for heavens sake, post your shipping address and give us all a chance for some extra blessings.
Kirk

Frank46
05-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Lloyd, when katrina roared through here there was a gentleman who sent me some money to help out a relative. I did not know him and this was done out of the kindness of his heart. Wether you regard this as a payback or pay it forward its something that the folks here do without any thought of charity. Its just helping another friend in need. Please post your address as the brass I mentioned is yours.
Frank

Throckmorton
05-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Very very sorry to hear of this happening ! I also only know you thru the boards,but anything I can do to help replace an item,no problem.I'll keep watching the other posts.

Best of luck in salvaging what you can,sir.

crabo
05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I am really sorry about your loss. Any idea how the fire started?

ghh3rd
05-11-2009, 12:09 AM
I am very sorry to hear about this. I just recently got into casting and reloading, and wish I had something I could offer. I'm glad that it was not your house, and that no one was injured.

Randy

RugerFan
05-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Wow, sorry to hear of your loss. Glad no one was injured.

Bigjohn
05-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Lloyd, good to hear that you and your family are Ok. Sorry for you loss, you are correct it is only stuff, until you need it.

I'm willing to arrange a premanent loan of a mould or two that you might need. Just let me know.

John

cajun shooter
05-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Lloyd, You are the same as most of us when it comes to asking for help. It's something a man does not want to do. It's called pride here in the south. My pride has gotten in my way when people were trying to give me a hand up. That's what it is among friends, a hand up not out. Please call me at 225-686-1502 and we will work on a hand up. I'm not a rich man but I've stood in your shoes. Later David AKA Fairshake

Randall
05-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Damn!man that sucks! sorry to hear about that bad luck.

redneckdan
05-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Holy *&%^!!!! I had no idea, hadn't browsed the forum too well until today. If you decide to rebuild yourself instead of hiring it out don't be afraid to holler, I can be down in a couple hours.

PatMarlin
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
If I wasn't plumb up to my gills in work here, I would love to bring out my Woodmizer and we could mill up some lumber and beams in no time, if there are trees around.

That would be fun. We could do a Cast Boolit Barn Raising, or CBBR for Lloyd ..!

James C. Snodgrass
05-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I hope that you can get it all back up and going . You are absolutely right that stuff is not as important as you and your wife being unharmed . As soon as you get ready to restart I'm sure we can all contribute stuff to get going . James :(

Adam10mm
05-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Lloyd, Dan will be in contact with you about getting bulk primers.

Take a look at what I have in stock for powder and primers. Let me know what you want and I can run it to you or Dan can drop it off next time he is out your way.

ETA: Call Dillon and ask for Gary Kieft. He's the ops manager there. Tell him Adam from Freakshow Mfg sent you. He will hook you up.

ovendoctor
05-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Holy *&%^!!!! I had no idea, hadn't browsed the forum too well until today. If you decide to rebuild yourself instead of hiring it out don't be afraid to holler, I can be down in a couple hours.

+1 on the rebuild, we are about due for some UP time:drinks:

just glad your safe and ok

Lloyd Smale
05-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I just dont know what to say anymoe guys. For the first time in my life im speechless.

xr650
05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Lloyd,
This is a rotten situation. Glad you and yours are okay.
I would like to send some items your way, if you will post or pm addy.

BD
05-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Lloyd, I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm glad you are all safe. It was good planning to seperate that building from your house.

I've been flooded, but with some hard work was able to recover and rebuild most everything. I can't imagine how tough it is to see your possesions reduced to ashes.

BD

HORNET
05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Geez, Lloyd that's a REALLY bad way to spend a weekend. I'm very glad that nobody was injured or worse. It'll take time, but THINGS can be replaced. It sounds like everybody else has kicked in about everything that I could send you a supply of (dang it). I hope that you can get rebuilt and back up and running with a minimum of problems.

Sprue
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
A bunch of close knit enthusiasts sharing and promoting good fellowship if you ask me. Bye Bye, I don't expect you'll fit in or be here much longer.

Pay this idot no mind Lloyd........ let it go. Sorry for your loses buddy. Don't be too proud to start/post a list.

ETA:

(( FYI.. we had an anti make an unthoughtful jesture here but he's gone now )))

Gun Junkie
05-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Lloyd,

I just read the thread. Oh man! I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think this is the sort of thing you just get over in a day or two. Keep in the loop, this is a great bunch of guys. I look forward to hearing about your rebuild plans.

Gaucho Gringo
05-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I worked for 15 years in reconstruction and repair of fire damaged properties and the contents. The insurance companies can really work you over if you have nobody who knows the fine points. You have my condolences on your loss and would do well to get a representative who knows how to handle the insurance companies. It is one of those life altering experiences and a tragic loss. I spent a lot of time hand holding the people who had been through a fire. There may be more things that are salvageable then look like at first glance in my experience. I hope this is true in your case. The one good thing is that no one was hurt or injured.

JesterGrin_1
05-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Lloyd just read through the whole thing. And I know it has been said many times but very sorry to hear of your loss. And as others have said nobody was hurt which is a god send.

I know I am in South Texas but if there is anything I can do?

corvette8n
05-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Lloyd:
Sorry about the loos of your most pleasurable pasttime. You are a very valuable member of Cast Boolits. Lets us know when you are up to rebuilding, I can send you some already cast .30 cal.

9.3X62AL
05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Lloyd, we're very sorry to hear about this occurrence--and glad that you and yours are all right.

357maximum
05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Lloyd.. You are going through one of man's greatest fears.....I can only imagine the emotions you are feeling....sorry about yout situation, if you need anything let me know and I will see what I can scrounge up down here in troll land.

Michael

Jon K
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Lloyd,

Just saw this thread, can't say anything you haven't heard. All I can say is sorry about your loss.

Loss is depressing, but everyone is safe, and what's lost can be replaced.

You can also look at this as a you would when you get a new gun, and what you need to feed it. A fresh start on an old project, so to speak.

Good Luck,
Jon

BarryinIN
05-15-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm kinda new here and to casting so have been spending most of my time reading "how to" threads and shopping in S&S. So I misssed this big news.

Holy cow, that's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear about this.

MakeMineA10mm
05-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Wow, I'm stunned Lloyd. This would be all of our worst nightmare, and it has come true for you. I wish I had more unscheduled days off, so I could join the barn-raising party! I know I've got some 45 brass and 9mm brass I can send you, when you're ready.

I'm sure you're already thinking about many aspects of design, but for the replacement building, have you thought of separating out the casting and powder/primers into separate buildings from the main reloading barn?

Yes, it's a pain, but keeping the hot stuff on one side of the main reloading shop, and the primers & powder in a separate magazine away from any precarious problems on the other side of the main shop would be good compartmentalization that would protect your investments. Of course, I don't know what you've got for a building footprint and lot/acreage available to you. Another good aspect of this is that you could replace the one large building with several smaller buildings, which means you could afford to re-build in stages and as you have the money for each stage.

Just some thoughts, trying to help in a devastating situation.