PDA

View Full Version : Where is the cheapest place to buy

gcollins
05-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I am looking for a set of 8.15x46R, I don't know who makes them, and or can I used the sizing die to fire form 30-30 cases after they are trimed.
Any help wpuld be great!
thanks Greg

monadnock#5
05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Greg, I need to warn you to make sure you're sitting down before you open the link and see the price. Ouch!

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,2396.html

gcollins
05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
The Old rifle needs lots of love, it was close to being parted out, and I got lucky and saved its life! If I get the barrel end crowned, it will shoot, I cannot tell you why this person cut the barrel down???:confused::confused:
There is no forearm, the lower lever on the side has been lost or something, and this person tired to make one, I think I will make a nice looking one! I plan on crowning the barrel, slugging the barrel cast the chamber, if it is still and it looks like it is still 8.15x46R, maybe I could buy a box off of someone to see if it will shoot good since the barrel has been cut off to 27", If it isn't a shooter, i will reline it in 22LR. I don't want to ruin it if it is a shooter, the rifling's look great!
It is a coin toss!
Thanks for the help!
Greg

jhrosier
05-08-2009, 10:11 PM
CH4D has a 8.15x46Rmm 2-die set for $52.16.

Jack

monadnock#5
05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Make sure you take some "before and after" pics so that you can show us what you did to it. Sounds like a fun project.

jhrosier
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
BTW, You might need to thin the rims if you use 30-30 brass, or maybe try .225 Winchester brass. There is a lot of variation in headspace with this caliber. Aslo lots of variation in bore size.
Mine wanted .318 boolits. Others might run as large as .325.

Jack

jhrosier
05-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Dup post, sorry.

gcollins
05-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the help! I will be taking some pic's tonight or tomorrow and post them! To you guys that have the 2 lever rifles, on the lowerer lever, that is the take down lever, there were it mates up with the extractor lever, does it just have a pin or post what ever you want to call it, it just pushing in the hole that goes threw the extractor lever and just into the hole in the reciever just so it is flush with the back side?
If anyone has or knows of anyone that has a junk forearm, I could take it to my wood guy and have him dupe one for me!
I jut wonder buy him cutting the barrel off, if that will effect how well it shoots?
If any one has idea's, jump on in, and tell me what you think!
Thanks
Greg