PDA

View Full Version : Rowell ladle from advance car mover

kendall yates
05-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I ordered a #5 rowell ladle on Tuesday from Advance car mover. They said it would go out same day but it did not get out in time for the UPS guy Tuesday so they upgraded to 2ND day air at NO charge to me to make sure it was here on time. I would HIGHLY reccomend this company, they have the best prices and even better service.

sagamore-one
05-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I also have had extremely good service form these people at Advance car.

RP
05-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I ordered a Ladle from rotometals did not check the price diff between the two Just got mine from them because they support the site another way to do my part on keeping it up and running. I got a # 5 also with shipping it cost me 58.87 hows that compare to your price ? Just a thought I have them from time to time but they dont last long

kendall yates
05-08-2009, 05:21 PM
It was $42 including UPS ground shipping. I looked at Rotometals but they were close to $60 for the same ladle.

montana_charlie
05-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I recently saw a Rowell #5 on eBay for a good price (at the time) but I don't know what it sold for.
I'm holding out for a used #7...
CM

kendall yates
05-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I recently saw a Rowell #5 on eBay for a good price (at the time) but I don't know what it sold for.
I'm holding out for a used #7...
CM

You must have a hell of a pot and lead supply to need a 25# ladle

montana_charlie
05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
You must have a hell of a pot and lead supply to need a 25# ladle
My setup is much more modest than you imagine. I do my 'scrap smelting' in a dutch oven like most others, and dip it out into regular 'Lyman' ingot moulds.

The big Rowell would be used strictly for blending lead and tin.
I never make more than 20 pounds at a time, and the #7 will hold that comfortably.

When fully prepped, the design makes it simple to pour the whole batch off into 'bullet alloy muffins' that are ready to go...and ultra clean.

CM