PDA

View Full Version : Buckshot's sizing dies

Nora
05-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I've never ordered anything custom for my casting / reloading equipment before. Being unable to find any boolit size dies in .269 for a 6.5x52 project I've been playing with I turned to Buckshot for some help. I got the die that I had ordered in the mail today. [smilie=w: For my $23 I received a sizing die, a hardened punch, and a test boolit that measured exactly at the .269 that I requested with my order. The workman ship put into it was IMO outstanding! I pressed on a couple of gc's on some #266469's and checked the diameter. It, like the test boolit was exactly .269. To say that I am pleased with what I received would be an under statement.

Just wanted to share.

Thank you Buckshot!

Nora

oneokie
05-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Have purchased 3 Lyman type sizer dies from Buckshot. All three are dead nuts on size.

stubshaft
05-07-2009, 06:21 AM
Looks Great Nora,
Anxiously awaiting the sizer I ordered from Buckshot. Had no doubt as to the quality.

Wayne Smith
05-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I've now gotten four Lyman sizing died from Buckshot. Only used two of them so far, haven't even had time to open the package with the other two.

Thanks, Rick

GrizzLeeBear
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
+1 for Buckshot's sizing dies.

I just got a .366 Lyman sizer die from him (came in the mail yesterday) for my 9x18 makarov boolits. Boolits come out of the sizer at just a hair over .366, perfect!

Thanks Rick!

RayinNH
05-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Seems Buckshot has been busy of late. Maybe that's why he doesn't post as much lately...Ray

9.3X62AL
05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I haven't stopped by The Buckshot Amalgamated Foundryworks & Reloading Emporium for a while, but it appears that Rick is staying busy and off the streets/out of the bars.

I have H&I sizers from Buckshot, Mountain Molds, Lyman, Stilwell, and RCBS in my tool drawers. Rick's sizers are best of breed by a considerable margin, and I would rank the tooling quality in the order listed above. Rick's top punches using epoxy for form-fit are ingenious and VERY effective, providing no-mar sizing for odd-shaped boolit points.

kfarm
05-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Don't forget about his top punch's either. All work is top notch, reasonable cost and very prompt delivery. Oh! and when you get him on the phone you will find an instant friend even though he is from CA:-D
Carroll

tacofrank
09-10-2021, 12:18 AM
How do you get in touch with Him?
Still In business?
Thanks<
TF

Wayne Smith
09-10-2021, 07:49 AM
No, Rick retired for the second (third?) and final time a couple of years ago. Lathesmith is, I believe, the go to guy now.

Harter66
09-10-2021, 02:42 PM
I believe some portion of Buckshots tooling now resides with Ammohead . He's doing it as a " soon to be retired hobby " basis . He has done a couple for me both H&I and Lee types . I needed a .272 , that's what I received .
Just send him a PM , he spends a lot of time hunting so September to November sees him in the field more than at home .