PDA

View Full Version : dan wesson

blaser.306
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I have a Dan wesson .44vh with both a 6" and a 10" tube that has suddenly stopped indexing 1 chamber , where would I start looking for the problem , the "hand " or the star wheel at the rear of the cyl. any advice is greatly appreciated as our sillouette season is just about to get under way tnx Blaser!

runfiverun
05-04-2009, 10:25 PM
if it's just one cylinder i would look to the rear of the cylinder

lead Foot
05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I love the silhouette season. Also look at the small spring on the hand. Sometimes it jumps out of the slot. strange it misses one. Try cycling fired cases and see if it stops on others. I just spent four hours on mine, after nearly 30 years it is showing signs of wear.
lead Foot;

blaser.306
05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
It only misses one and the same one I have it marked with paint pen so I know to leave that one empty , if I pull the hammer back verrrry slowly it will index . That is why I am lead to beleive that it is to do with the "star" at the rear of the cyl!

captaint
05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
I don't see how it could be anything else. You probably have just enough wear on that little "star" that the one cyl doesn't advance enough to lock the "bolt". Could have a little wear in the hand too. I have one of the old Dan's and its really a good pistol. Mine's a .357 and it has been shot alot. New parts from DW maybe? Mike