PDA

View Full Version : dayton trigger for 96 mauser

44mag1
05-02-2009, 01:25 AM
has anyone here installed a dayton cock on the opening trigger for a 96 mauser. does it reduce the lock time signifigantly ? are thy worth it?

jrgift
05-02-2009, 06:45 PM
44 mag,I have installed 2 I think so anyway.Since I have no way of telling if lock time is reduced I can't answer your question,but they do seem to work well.

leftiye
05-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Cock on opening doesn't affect lock time. But a better trigger does help (a lot!). If the conversion involves a lighter firing pin, or a better/heavier firing pin spring, then lock time will be better. Titanium firing pin, and Wolfe spring DO help my Remchester (don't know if they have them for Mausers, but they might).

mtgrs737
08-31-2009, 04:17 PM
I put a Dayton trigger on my 96, to lighten the heavy military trigger. Lock time is the same unless you do something to the firing pin/spring etc. Dayton triggers worked better for me than the Timmy unit on my 96.

Cactus Farmer
09-01-2009, 07:43 AM
The "Cock on open" units I have fitted most certainly do effect lock time. Shorten length of travel and a new stronger striker spring. This in addtion to a DT trigger makes a nice upgrade to any 95-96 Mauser. I've done several and have a couple that I did for myself. Yea, it's changing the origional design but they are sporters anyway. I wouldn't do it to a as issue rifle.......