PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Cust. Service, How Quick?

doubs43
05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I've used my RCBS 4x4 press for 9mm for a long time and the other day wanted to change over to .45ACP. I can't find my large primer plug, cup and spring! (I've had this press for way more than 20 years.)

RCBS Customer service was closed today so I'll have to wait until Monday to call but I'm wondering just how fast they are getting small parts to the customer. Who has had experience with them?

cheese1566
05-01-2009, 08:17 PM
I dealt with them last month. They sent a large bundle of replacement parts for my Ammo-Master Auto. Most email responses are back in a day or so. I did try to call a few times to order parts and couldn't get thru at first...(but when I did, it was straight to a live person with no auto prompts or voicemails!!)

Some parts were used, but were in good working order. They were totally free so you cannot complain! I offered and expected to pay for the parts. I never demanded that they had to give them to me free under the "warranty".

One small part was missing and was later found to be back ordered. The tech said it would be a while to get machined. He then responded back and said he did some digging and found one whole assembly that had the one part I needed. He sent the whole assembly! It was used and had some slight surface rust. It cleaned up great with a little oil an steel wool. Again, it was totally free and I didn't have to wait. I also figure he didn't have to leave his desk and go in the warehouses to look either, but he went out of his way to help out!:-D

Both times, I had the parts in my hands in about one weeks time. The first time was ordered on Monday and I got them on Thursday. The last part was ordered on Wed and it was in my hands on the following Tues.

But also beware!!,, if it is a comon part listed by other merchants like MidwayUSA, etc, etc, they will tell you that they can purchased from the vendor. I had this happen when I only asked about primer tubes. (But when I got the bundle of parts to get my machine going, he threw in a set anyway!!)

shotman
05-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I have had same thing ==good service but all =Lee Lyman Hornaday Dillon RCBS any will tell you same thing ITS nuts and they are working overtime to keep up. So dont get on them. rick

BruceB
05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
My experience with RCBS goes back around 40 years, and they've always given exemplary service.

I once sent in four fired cases from my Bren .303 machine-gun, and they sent back a custom-made sizing die which arrived - in the far-north of Canada- NINE DAYS after I mailed the fired brass!

Their policy of no-questions-asked repair and replacement is truly remarkable.

I also want to put in a plug for our local hardware store (this is a SMALL town) which keeps a considerable supply of RCBS DIE PARTS.....things which I do not ever see in much larger stores in much larger towns and cities. If I lose or break some minor part of my RCBS gear, there's a VERY good chance that I can find it in this store. In such cases, I'm extremely happy to pay for it and have the process running again in less than an hour. Also, I don't have the self-inflicted guilt trip which strikes whenever I call RCBS direct and get a free replacement for something which I broke or lost through personal *****s.

What a fine outfit.

targetshootr
05-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I sent them my 44-40 sizer die several months ago along with five fired cases and nada. They're usually good about that kind of thing but something has changed. I no longer call, the waiting line is so long.

August
05-01-2009, 09:13 PM
If they've got what you need in stock, they're very quick about getting it to you. If they don't have any on hand, get in line....

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
05-02-2009, 12:45 AM
I received a new ram for a Rock Chucker last week which took a wek from the time I called to arrive. I emailed them for a decap unit yesterday and they emailed today telling me it is on its way. No charge both times

Recluse
05-02-2009, 01:06 AM
On the very few and rare occasions where I've needed RCBS's customer service, it has been outstanding. Some replacement parts came faster than others, which is to be expected.

As has been said, the Gun Industry is upside down and inside out at the moment, so please, please be patient.

This is like a year-long Christmas Eve for all of them.

:coffee:

Nefarious Cohort
05-02-2009, 01:59 AM
I bought a set of RCBS 45acp dies from the swap and sell forum here, they were set up with the decapper in the expander die, I called about buying the parts to decap in the sizer die, they said no problem and would send the parts for free. Since I was prepared to pay for the parts and they would not let me I purchased a hat to show my support. the hat was here in 4 days the new decapper parts one day later.

I like dealing with RCBS customer service, the few times I have had to, they have been great.

TDC
05-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I agree with Recluse....

Things are crazy now so we've gotta be patient.

I've had a problem with a .41mag lube/sizer die and contacted them by e-mail about 10 days ago. It took 6 days for an e-mail response - but it came..... They advised me they were sending another one 4 days ago. It should be here tomorrow.

I think we can imagine how difficult it is to keep an inventory available with so many new reloaders and shooters... not to mention trying to answer the phone traffic every mfg with a business related to firearms is experiencing..

doubs43
05-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks all for your replies. Sounds like RCBS customer service is better than most. I'll email them tomorrow and hope for the best.

swheeler
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
RCBS customer service, what can I say, absolutely the finest in the industry-bar none. Redding #2 and in my dealings with them just about on par with RCBS, Lee#3, never had to deal with Hornady(nothing of there's has ever broken for me) and then there is Lyman, but they shouldn't be listed BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL.

remy3424
05-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I will stand-up for Lyman, they have helped me out at least 3 times with parts at no charge where the warranty period was long gone and also treated me with a decent price and turn around for a power trimmer I purchased used and needed repaired. I think some of the CSRs are just a little easier than others.

Barstooler
05-05-2009, 11:44 PM
I have always had good service from RCBS. Had a Lachmiller luber-sizer and they supplied me with parts free because they had bought Lachmiller out!!!

Had a 6mm Lee Navy die that I needed a stem and sizing ball for.....The die was 40 years old and they sent it right away.

Barstooler