PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic Products

EMC45
04-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Does anyone have the BP manuals for loading slug or buck? Let me know. Thanks, Evan

sargenv
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
I have the very much older manual.. I have yet to pick up the new one but was thinking about it now that I'm actually casting slugs..

klcarroll
04-30-2009, 02:36 PM
I just bought their buckshot manual.

Kent

EMC45
04-30-2009, 03:12 PM
What do you think of it Klcarroll? I have been throwing around the notion of getting both, but I didn't want to jump if they weren't any good.

longbow
04-30-2009, 07:59 PM
I have both ~ in fact all 3! I bought the buckshot loading manual along with "Building High Performance Buckshot Loads" (or something like that) and the slug loading manual.

I found less variety of loads than I expected but the information is good and there are some loads listed that I didn't have, so for the cost, I think they were worth the money.

I also picked up several of their slug loading brochures for specific slugs. Those go for a dollar a piece and have different loads again so are well worth the money.

My 2 cents worth.

Longbow

EMC45
04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Any data on the 1oz. Lee slug? I plan to cast that and need data!

klcarroll
05-01-2009, 12:38 AM
In the case of the Buckshot Manual, ...I have to agree with Longbow: ......It wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, but it did have some stuff I found useful.

One thing I was looking for was .410 buckshot information; ....And I found the manual to be really weak in that area.

All-in-all, the manual would have been a much better deal if it had been priced at $8.95 instead of $12.95!

Kent

.....Oh yeah! ......Has anyone here bought BPI's Roll Crimping tool??? Is it worth the money? ......or is it like this manual; "A good deal at half the price"???

KLC

cajun shooter
05-01-2009, 08:13 AM
I found the tool from Precision Reloading to be better. I also load paper hulls in my CAS shooting and the roll crimper that is made out of plastic PR sells for $12 works great.

diehard
05-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Is the slug manual even available yet? I had one on back order from January to March before I cancelled my order.

longbow
05-01-2009, 09:05 PM
EMC45:

I have several manuals with slug loading recipes and am sure there are some for the Lees. I also have a copy of Lee's loading info for the Drive Key slug which you might like too.

What hull, and powders do you have or want to load for? I can look up some loads for the Lee slug and post them but don't want to transcribe the whole section.

Let me know what you are looking for and I will post suitable recipes for you.

Longbow

Hiaboo
05-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Longbow, I would not mind that data on lee's loading data for the Drive Key slug. I am using Winchester AA hulls and Rem STS/compression formed.

longbow
05-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Sorry, I have been tied up modeling boolits and didn't get back to this. I will try to look up loading info in the next day or two.

I may be slow but I will get it done.

Longbow

EMC45
05-06-2009, 07:03 AM
I received my Lee slug mold yesterday. It had some data with it. I may just stick with it for now. I also have some Buckshot data from Hogdon.

longbow
05-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Hiaboo:

Sorry to take so long but turkey hunting got me distracted.

Lee 1 oz. Drive Key slug loads:

Win AA hull
primer = Win. 209
powder = 36 gr. HS-6
wad = WAA12F114
pressure = 10,800 PSI
velocity = 1500 FPS

Hull = Rem Nitro, Premier & STS
primer = Win. 209
powder = 36 gr. HS-6
wad = WAA12SL
pressure = 10,200 PSI
velocity = 1450 FPS

Looks like that is all I have specifically for the Lee 1 oz. Drive Key slug other than the Lee guide which I tried to attach but not only is it too large a file but it is only the Lee 7/8 oz. slug listings.

There should also be info at the various powder sites. At least there used to be.

I guess that wasn't a lot of help.

Longbow