PDA

View Full Version : Scan of SAS die making booklet

scrapcan
04-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I am putting up a pdf of a scanned booklet that appears to be done by Ted Smith, Shooters Accessory Supply and maker of the mighty mite swage press and he who helped get the Corbins started. It has spelling and grammatical errors but will convey some good info.

Chesire Dave forwarded the scans to me and I put them into a pdf. If interested you can download by clicking link below.

If you find them useful please let Dave and I know as he provided the original scans.

The file is about 2 MB in size and the site may b ea bit slow if many people hit it at once.

and if you build an extra set in 22 or 30 let me know as I would be interested.

here is a link

SASswagedie.pdf (http://www.rtconnect.net/~wjmanley/SAS_Die_making/SASswagedie.pdf)

BT Sniper
04-29-2009, 03:23 AM
Thanks

I have not read it yet but a quick overview looked like all the info needed to make a set of dies is there. I will be up to the challenge as soon as my skills improve on the lathe.

The scan is a bit hard to read. Did you say a better copy may be avialable? Either way thanks a bunch for posting the file. I'll look it over.

On the topic of making dies I have been trying to find Corbin's Discover Swaging book. Any one have an extra or could scan the section on making dies for me?

Brian

scrapcan
04-29-2009, 01:23 PM
BT,

The pdf will print out better than it looks, I printed it prior to the post above. Dave also had a look at it before it was posted. With that I think it is about as good as it is going to get.

I have rediscover swaging book by Corbin, not discover swaging. I may be able to get a scan of the TOC to see if there is something that will help you out.

BT Sniper
04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Cool thanks I'll try printing it out.

xr650
04-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Manley,
It printed out good.
Thanks for posting this.

Dave,
Thanks for the info

Maximilian225
04-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Good info Manley, Thanks abunch

-Max

ANeat
03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Bump, should probably be a stickie

plus1hdcp
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the bump because I missed this earlier

uncleskippy
03-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks Manley. Great Info.

andremajic
02-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Meh, link is dead...

DDriller
02-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Meh, link is dead...

Link in first post works for me.

DukeInFlorida
02-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Link worked great for me, thanks for doing this.

scrapcan
02-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Link should still be live. If it doesn't work send me a pm.

scrapcan
09-15-2012, 12:34 AM
I have been asked about the link in the first post.

It is still working and the file is still available. I tried the link on my android phone with stock browser, Linux computer, two windows computers, and an iPad. All originating on different networks. If you have troubles send me a pm.

Cane_man
04-16-2013, 07:15 PM
bump for the nubes like me...

this should be a sticky

aaronraad
04-17-2013, 01:29 AM
I PM'd scrapcan earlier this year for a copy. Well worth getting, even to get a better understanding of M-type dies. Doesn't make fabricating dies any easier, just look at the date of BT Sniper's post in this thread. Fabricating bullet swaging dies takes another level of commitment and skill that few of us have, or are willing to test.

Cane_man
04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Well worth getting, even to get a better understanding of M-type dies. Doesn't make fabricating dies any easier, just look at the date of BT Sniper's post in this thread. Fabricating bullet swaging dies takes another level of commitment and skill that few of us have, or are willing to test.

reading that pdf is like giving a bottle of booze to an alcoholic!

i am researching how to make the point forming die for the 9mm to 40sw swaging