PDA

View Full Version : Midway's backorders

mongo-az
04-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, had a Lee .452 230gr 2 Ogive boolit mold and a set of .45ACP Lee dies on backorder - Midway's website said backorder would be about a June 1st - got them shipped yesterday after only 2 weeks of backorder!

The dies are so new I can literally smell the machine oil on them - the mold however, looks like Lee is focusing more on polishing the top of the mold than the bottom - no idea what kind of boolits it drops, still gotta clean the mold...but the inside cuts from the cherry look great.

But, according to a cus service rep at Midway - they have always prided themselves on keeping items in stock so they can ship right away - and when it's backordered, they want the backorder to be as short as possible - the recent run/hoard/grab has been annoying them too. Looks like Lee is trying to turn stuff out too with double sets of hands.

So, here's my two cents to Midway - thanks!

PatMarlin
04-28-2009, 02:38 PM
You will like that mold mongo-az, one of my favorites.

Welcome to cast boolit heaven! ..:drinks:

snuffy
04-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Just for yours and others info, lee doesn't use cherries to cut molds. They lathe turn the cavities. Basically, they spin the blocks in the chuck while a boring bar is brought in to cut the shape of the boolit.

As for midways back orders, I never make one! In the past, they've sent one item as soon as it arrives, with separate shipping charges each time. Instead, I use the remind me feature, when the stuff I want gets in, THEN I order.