PDA

View Full Version : Old Pacific Powder mesur-kit, Anyone use one?

mikenbarb
04-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I just bought a old Pacific portable powder mesur-kit and im wondering if anyone has one they use? It looks like a takeoff on a Belding & Mull with a tube and looks like it should measure out powder pretty good.

Farmall 1066
04-29-2009, 01:31 PM
I have one new in box, along with a Pak-Kit in .308. Never have used them.
Is there any hobby, aside from fishing that makes a man accumulate more stuff???
Andy

jhrosier
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I have one but haven't used it much.
I found that the powder leaked from between the fixed and moving parts.
Good idea, poorly executed.

Jack

Pressman
04-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I have one but never used it. Too many other real measure to worry about this gadget.
Farmall 1066 I think your screen name could be equal to reloading and fishing for the amount of stuff accumulated. There are thirteen tractors at my dad's that are going to be mine one of these days. I am wondering if the neighbors will complain if I park them in the back yard.
Ken

dolang1
04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Pressman, I have 7 VW buses in my back pasture. My wife thinks there's only 5 back there. Later Don

abunaitoo
04-30-2009, 01:39 AM
I've got one.
Use it only with stick powder.
Works as good as anything else I have.

I have two models.
One is bench mounted. I use this one.
The other attaches to the powder can. Never used this one.

mikenbarb
04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
I got the one with the can and figured it would just be cool to have it in case I need it some day. Im gonna see how accurate it is when it arrives.

Green Frog
05-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Being all brass and fitting on a powder can, it seems like they would be just the thing for measuring BP in Cap & Ball revolvers.:Fire: Anybody got one they would like to have tested for that purpose? The N-SSA Spring Nationals are coming up. :mrgreen:

Froggie

jhrosier
05-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Being all brass and fitting on a powder can, it seems like they would be just the thing for measuring BP ....

Mine is aluminum.

Jack