PDA

View Full Version : Projector primer tubes.

jcw1970
04-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Picked up a Hornady Projector pretty cheap. Doesn't have any primer tubes though. Can you modify dillon tubes? If not does anyone have the dimentions of both tubes? I'll have them made.

BD
04-27-2009, 02:02 PM
If you search this forum you'll turn up several good Pro-Jector threads, one of which addresses converting RCBS tubes.
BD

cheese1566
04-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I found that my standard RCBS primer tubes from my Ammo-Master II will fit the Hornady holding "blast" tube on my ProJector.
My ProJector is an updated Pro-7 model.

The only thing I found is the RCBS tubes are about 1-1.5" shorter then the Hornady. One will have to push the tubes out from the opposite end to get them out. I have not tested the operation yet, but both size tubes fit snug and are flush at the end like the Horandy's. If they do work out, I will probably cut the Hornady main tube down 1-2".

The RCBS tubes are the same used on primer equipment for the singlestage presses. RCBS only makes one style of tube for all of their equipment, one for small and one for large primer sizes.

mikenbarb
04-28-2009, 12:33 PM
You might be better off looking on an auction site. Theres plenty around and pretty cheap to buy them. I used Pacific and Lyman tubes on mine and they worked fine.