PDA

View Full Version : LBT Ogival wadcutter mould.

Trey45
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Anyone use one of these? The one I'm using is for 44, drops at around 236gr using wheel weights. Size dropped is .4315 to .432. The only problem I have is they won't fit the cylinder of my pistol if I crimp at the crimp groove. Anyone that has experience with this mould have a similar issue?
I'm crimping above the crimp groove on the ogive, which i don't have a problem with. I'm not loading these for barnburners, 9gr of Unique is plenty for a hole puncher.
My Lyman sizer has still not arrived so I'm not sizing these any, and hand lubing with speed green. I'm hoping when the Lyman gets here with the .431 die it will allow me to size them enough to crimp at the crimp groove, but it's not really a must have since they work just fine crimping on the ogive.
Has anyone else used an ogival wadcutter LBT mould where you have to crimp over the groove on the ogive?

Glen
04-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I have an ogival wadcutter for the .44 that weighs in about 350 grains and it does the same thing. For that bullet, I have to size it .429" ALL the way up to get it to chamber, and then it does just fine.

Dan Cash
04-26-2009, 01:10 PM
If you ordered the mould, you did not get your measurements right. If you bought the mould used, it is sized for another gun. The LBTs that I have are spot on for the measurements I sent in and will not accept seating the bullet further out than the crimp groove. I pan lube or run the bullet through an oversized die to lube. If seating the bullet deeper than designed, watch your powder charge for pressure.