PDA

View Full Version : die help please

shotman
04-26-2009, 02:47 AM
I need to know if Lyman 40 cal and 45cal sizer dies will let the brass go all the way through if the deprime punch is removed rick

Buckshot
04-26-2009, 03:27 AM
I need to know if Lyman 40 cal and 45cal sizer dies will let the brass go all the way through if the deprime punch is removed rick

.................Nope. Well I SUPPOSE they would if you used a big enough hammer or hydraulic press. Why would you want to do that? You could part off the bottom half of the die, but the cases do have a slight taper regardless. It'd be somewhat heavy going to get the solid head up through the die all the way.

..............Buckshot

dakotashooter2
04-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Trying to get rid of the "Glock" bulge??????????????

I have heard that there is a manufacturer that makes a push through die for this but have no idea who it is.

shotman
04-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Yes and found that a push through size die is best way to go rick

Ken 45LC
04-28-2009, 11:33 AM
I saw on Redding's web site that they now offer the push thru die. Never used one, just saw it advertised.

Personally, I use the Lee carbide die on a single stage press and it seems to remove enough of the bulge for it to fit in my non-glock chambers. My friend has the Glock, and I usually make him do the re-sizing.

Hope this helps,
Ken

shotman
04-28-2009, 11:15 PM
buckshot is going to make them for me . A lot cheaper than redding It is the same as the boolit sizer. A 40cal is .421 and a 45acp takes a .476 to let rim pass through. I made one out of a Lyman 38spl size die for the 9mm but it took me a while by hand . I havent had much problems with 45s but 9mms and 40s, 10mm, 357sig are a pain if they were shot in the plastic junk guns.