PDA

View Full Version : Primers avaiable at MidwayUSA ... NOW!

dogfood
04-24-2009, 09:56 PM
OK, folks, I was just now cruising MidwayUSA, and as long as their website is correct, CCI LR, LP and SP primers are available. I think some are BR, some are in strips, some are magnum ... and some are just regular ol' "regular".

I didn't order any since I'm not yet in a bind, so I don't know if an order will actually go through. If it's real, I'm sure they won't last.

dogfood

archmaker
04-24-2009, 10:15 PM
THANKS!!

I have some primers headed my way but I just bought 2k. May not be a lot, but that will hold me over for a while. I have some more on order. Cost with all the fees was probably closer to $50 a 1000 but that beats not having any.

I was down to 300 LP, have enough of the others to last me a year, but the LP was going to hurt as I plan on taking up IDPA next month.

Hopefully somebody else can use these.

HandgunHTR
04-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Not anymore. They show as available but if you put them in your cart, they come up as out of stock.

Hunter 24095
04-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Not anymore. They show as available but if you put them in your cart, they come up as out of stock.

done the same thing to me:???:

jeff423
04-28-2009, 11:24 PM
I found 4,000 Win. LPP's in a gunshop today for less than $30.00 per 1000 - showing restraint I only bought 2,000.

Jeff

cajun shooter
04-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Let me say that you are the type guy that I would like to shake your hand FTF Jeff423. If we had more people with out the greed we would not have this problem with supplies. When we had hurricanes in Louisiana we have people selling bread for$ 5.00 a loaf and skinning people that needed to eat. Not everyone had the money, transportation or what ever to buy primers by the pallet and the same with powder and other supplies. I was talked about on this forum because I asked a member if he was one who bought all the supplies. Those who said things like was I ill prepared, a person who could not see anything in advance and jealous of those who had the 100,000 primers. Some people just don't get it. Greed drives them blind Later David

Three44s
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
I have not had the time to shoot much ...... have not loaded but for necessity ...... and had not bought on this high market at all.

And as I see it the ammo thing is being blown out of proportion ....... after all if the Anti's get to really knawing on it ...... ammo cuts across ALL shooters ...... and it will bring the uprising we NEED!!!

Three 44s

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
04-29-2009, 09:58 AM
I think all primers coming in now are being used to fill back orders. THe fastest way to get them is to order and they will be shipped when they get to you.

45caster
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
I went to gun show in Phoenix this weekend 350.00 for 5000 primers talk about trying to rape a fellow shooter:evil::evil:

Maximilian225
04-29-2009, 08:59 PM
A Short Fable

At a Gunshow one Summer day in election year a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart’s content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great toil a case of primers he was taking to the nest.
“Why not come and chat with me,” said the Grasshopper, “instead of toiling and hoarding in that way?”
“I am helping to lay up componets for the long Obama winter,” said the Ant, “and recommend you to do the same.”
“Why worry about the Obama winter?” said the Grasshopper; “we have got plenty of components at present.” But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil. When the Obama was sworn in the Grasshopper could find no primers, and found itself screaming about Hoarders, while it saw the ants reloading every day with components from the stores they had collected in the summer.

Then the Grasshopper knew:
[smilie=b:“IT IS BEST TO PREPARE FOR THE DAYS OF NECESSITY.”[smilie=b:

lawboy
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Max, +1.

I also will say in response to another poster that to my mind there is no comparing high prices for primers to pursue a hobby, to folks gouging people on bread needed to live in a natural disaster. If I don't shoot my guns this year at all, it is almost certain no one will even one meal as a result, much less die.

Finally, the outrage against some others who are flush with primers either due to forethought or fore-toil, or just having the smacks to buy despite the current high prices, is kind of un-American. There are people who will tell you that folks on welfare or what ever, need to get a job and work hard and take advantage of opportunities in this country, etc. Now some of those same people feel like absolute strangers need to refrain from spending the money they worked hard to earn in order to leave some primers on the shelf for them?!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

shotman
04-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Mr O told me to get all I could and flush them. I did --part of it

waksupi
04-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I suppose those who have collected large amounts of WW's will be called hoarder when that supply dries up?

Down South
05-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I suppose those who have collected large amounts of WW's will be called hoarder when that supply dries up?

Ah yes, Good old WW. Now thats something that I do need more of. I need to get off my butt and start scrounging some more.

monkeymt
05-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I went to my local gun shot today and they had Winchester small and large pistol primers for $37/1000. Bought a brick. I do not know where or how they showed up but they have about four or five more bricks on the shelf. I also saw some Remington small pistol primers on the same shelf.
Last month I was able to buy CCI large pistol primers as well and they were only $32/1000! Go figure.
I live a very small town in rural Idaho. How is it that they can get them here?
Mark

remy3424
05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
If we all only bought as we needed or a year supply, this would be over quickly, but this might last a couple years. Noboby wants to be without if something should change. Hoarding will push the prices higher and the shortages longer.