PDA

View Full Version : How to Contact Charlie Darnall

CJR
04-24-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm interested in Charlie Darnall's tool to make gas checks, i.e. "Freechex 2". I've searched ebay, where he only sells from, and came up with zip. Is this guy in business or not?

CJR

oldhickory
04-24-2009, 11:15 AM
He's still there, I just got mine this week. :mrgreen: Ordered it Sunday, and it arrived Wed.

I'm unable to find the auction now myself, but it was there Sunday. He only had two left when I ordered mine, maybe he pulled the auction until he makes more?

I went to e-bay and typed FREECHECKS II .30 in the search space and it took me right to it, that is no longer the case.

MT Gianni
04-24-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm interested in Charlie Darnall's tool to make gas checks, i.e. "Freechex 2". I've searched ebay, where he only sells from, and came up with zip. Is this guy in business or not?

CJR

Kind of. His only sales are through flea-bay and if he has an item out you can bid on it. If he doesn't it comes up blank.

fireaway329
04-24-2009, 11:58 AM
try contacting him trough this ebay name
codarnall (520)

i talked to him last week so i know he is still working,but he said he very busy.

jdgabbard
04-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Why not just buy a better tool from Pat Marlin??? He has the gascheck die for sale in both .30cal and .35 cal over in the group buy section. And from the looks of it, it is twice to three times the tool that the freechex is...

Slow Elk 45/70
04-24-2009, 02:51 PM
JD, there are pros and cons to everything, the Freechex doesn't use a press to make the GC, Pats does. So there is a reason for both, IMHO. By the way it works just fine, cheap yes, useless no. Yes you can pay 3 times as much.

JeffinNZ
04-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Why not just buy a better tool from Pat Marlin??? He has the gascheck die for sale in both .30cal and .35 cal over in the group buy section. And from the looks of it, it is twice to three times the tool that the freechex is...

I believe GC's will be produced a lot faster from a Freechex II than from Pat Marlins system. Pats system is quite lovely and very clever but I think unnecessarily complex. Each to their own.

35 Whelen
04-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I bought a FreeChex II and love it, love it, love it! Of course I've never used Pat MArlins tool, but I don't see how it could make a "better" check. Perhaps it will make them faster, but I dunno. Plus, now that I have a FreeChex and since I have a lathe, I can modify it or even make tools for different size checks.
Charlie Darnall's e-mail addy is: codarnall@yahoo.com

35W