PDA

View Full Version : Natchez is having a powder sale !!!!

IcerUSA
04-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Some OK prices .

Accurate Smokeless Powder 2230 1 Pound

Sale $18.49
Buy Now!

Accurate Powder No. 5 1 Pound

Sale $17.49
Buy Now!

Hodgdon Lil Gun 1 Pound

Sale $16.99
Buy Now!

IMR 7828 1 Pound

Sale $19.49
Buy Now!

Alliant Red Dot 4 Pounds

Sale $54.99
Buy Now!

Ramshot TAC Rifle Powder 1 Pound

Sale $16.49
Buy Now!

Accurate No. 2 Powder 1 Pound

Sale $15.49
Buy Now!

Hodgdon Rifle Powder: BLC(2) 1 Pound

Sale $17.99
Buy Now!

Hodgdon Longshot 1 Pound

Sale $16.99
Buy Now!

IMR 7828 SSC 1 Pound Bottle

Sale $19.49
Buy Now!

Alliant Reloader 10x 1 Pound

Sale $19.99
Buy Now!

Ramshot TRUE BLUE Powder 1 Pound

Sale $15.99
Buy Now!

Accurate Powder 2520 1 Pound

Sale $18.49
Buy Now!

Hodgdon H110 1 Pound

Sale $17.49
Buy Now!

Hodgdon Rifle Powder: H50BMG 1 Pound

Sale $19.99
Buy Now!

Alliant Clay Dot 8 Pound

Sale $95.99
Buy Now!

Alliant Reloader 15 1 Pound

Sale $19.99
Buy Now!

Ramshot COMPETITION Powder 1 Pound

Sale $15.99
Buy Now!

Accurate Powder XMR-3100 1 Pound

Sale $19.99
Buy Now!

Hodgdon Spherical H380 1 Pound

Sale $17.99
Buy Now!

IMR 4759 1 Pound

Sale $18.49
Buy Now!

Alliant Green Dot 1 Pound

Sale $14.49
Buy Now!

Alliant 2400 1 Pound

Sale $15.99
Buy Now!

Ramshot Silhouette Smokeless Pistol Powder 1 Pound

Sale $15.99
Buy Now!

Keith

C A Plater
04-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Pity they will not sell to Alabama, Georgia or Tennessee residents.

keeber
04-23-2009, 08:47 AM
They won't sell to Bamites, Georgians, or folks from Tennessee? Or they won't ship to those states? Natchez is in Tennessee

richbug
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Who buys one pound containers of powder anyway?

wiljen
04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
They wont sell period. It isn't that they wont ship, they don't allow walk-in traffic either. It seems they would rather not sell to their home state than keep track of sales tax. Pretty pathetic way to run a business if you ask me but...

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
04-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Cabelas has or had it on sale. Bad htink was it was all out of stock

Tom Herman
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM

I haven't been able to find ANY Unique, in any size container in months. I'm happy to buy it by the pound....

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

JW6108
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
They wont sell period. It isn't that they wont ship, they don't allow walk-in traffic either. It seems they would rather not sell to their home state than keep track of sales tax. Pretty pathetic way to run a business if you ask me but...

That's been their policy for years and I think they do that to protect their dealers in those states.

Too bad, I would order from them if I could.

JIMinPHX
04-23-2009, 06:48 PM

I do. I'm mostly a revolver & single shot rifle kind of guy. I cast out of a 10 pound pot too. I don't go in for the high volume stuff very much.

FN in MT
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Those of you having problems finding powder....

Know anyone who shoots trap or skeet? Find out when they have their next BIG shoot. Or bettter yet a State shoot. Generally components dealers who cater to the shotgun crowd will attend to sell components.

I shot at a big shoot last fall in Spokane and bought an 8 pounder of UNIQUE for under $100. Red Dot, Unique, Clays, etc....shotgun powders will work quite well with cast slugs in most pistol ctg's.

Generally (at least the Dealers here in the West) with some prior notice, these guys will bring you about any rifle powder you want as well. Same with rifle or pistol primers. At least in the past before the current hysteria anyway.

FN in MT

alamogunr
04-24-2009, 12:13 PM

I think it has more to do with protecting their retail customers in those states. If they have a really good sale(not this one), I can get a friend in KY to order it for me. Save both on the sale and sales tax.

Recluse
04-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Nothing against Natchez (though, I've never ordered from them), but their prices are higher than what I pay at my favorite gun store--plus, I don't have to pay shipping and hazmat. . . He's a distributor for Hodgdon and Alliant, so there's always powder--though the two popular ones like Unique and Bullseye, can be scarce in one-pound containers.

No problem. I paid him in advance for a four-pound keg of Bullseye and it's on its way. Have little use whatsoever for Unique--evidenced by the 3/4 pound I still have--and have had since 1989. It still has the "Hercules" brand on it and is in the cylindrical "paper/metal" can with the flat-top stopper.

About once every four or five years, I try a new load with Unique and quickly learn why I don't care for it. No matter how the load performs, I'm scrubbing that nasty stuff off my guns at about four times the rate I do with AA powders or even W231 or Bullseye.

:coffee:

sleeper1428
04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I haven't been able to find ANY Unique, in any size container in months. I'm happy to buy it by the pound....

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

That's interesting! Last week I was in Good Guys Guns in Medford and they had at least 5 or 6 8lb kegs of Unique and another 4 or 5 4lb kegs of the same powder. Also several 8lb kegs of 2400 were on the shelf. I picked up a couple of kegs while I was there but I don't know if they have any left at this time. Funny thing was, at Bullet Depot in White City - just a few miles to the NE - they had virtually no kegs of ANY powder and hadn't been able to get any for quite some time. Seems that delivery of powder is rather hit and miss and you just have to keep checking back with several different stores and be ready to jump in the truck and get to the store when they get a shipment. Nothing stays on the shelf for very long anymore.

C1PNR
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM

Happy Shootin'! -Tom
Three of us went together and ordered about 31 lb of Unique, Red Dot, H4831, IMR 3031, IMR 700X and 1K WSP on 4/8. Delivered about a week later.

Supplier was Third Generation Shooting Supply out of El Reno, OK. The price per lb is a little high, but if you order 30 lb or more they pay HazMat and charge a whopping $4.95 shipping. I see they are out of primers today, but they still have some 4 and 8 lb Unique in stock, no 1 lb, though.

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/

Good to deal with. I screwed up my online order:-? and emailed them. They fixed my error and shipped the right stuff.:-P